Talent, skill, and a passion to compete; these are the characteristics that define elite-level swimmers. But as the sport’s best coaches know, even the most gifted of athletes won’t develop these traits without a plan – one that recognizes talent, develops skills, and nurtures success.
Developing Swimmers is the only book to offer a comprehensive, long-term plan beginning at an age-group level. Renowned coach Michael Brooks shares the insights, secrets, and strategies that have transformed his athletes and swim teams from novice competitors to distinguished champions.
Developing Swimmers will show you how to:
- Evaluate and identify talent in even the youngest swimmers;
- Establish realistic yet challenging short- and long-term goals for your athletes;
- Assess and refine strokes for greater power and efficiency;
- Improve starts, turns, and finishes for faster times;
- Structure positive and productive practices for swimmers and swim teams; and
- Foster your swimmers’ passion, bolster commitment, and instill winning attitudes.
From motivation to meet management to race-day tactics, Developing Swimmers covers it all. It is the guide every coach should have on the shelf. With Developing Swimmers, you will improve the performance of your swimmers – and your entire team.