About the Event:
This event is hosted by Professional Sports & Lifeguard Services. For inquiries and Registration, please contact Sportslifeguard@gmail.com or visit their local Facebook page.
* Instagram @ professional_sports_lifeguard
* Facebook @ professional sports and lifeguard services
* landline: +971 4 337 1004
* Mobile and WhatsApp: +971 58 824 3192
* Email: email@example.com
About the Course
GOLD SEAL Level 1 – The Foundations of Coaching — Tuesday, January 28.
The Foundations of Coaching course covers the fundamental principles of swimming and swim coaching.
The key topics are:
- Principles of Motivation (How we make practices challenging and interesting. I am NOT using the word “fun.”)
- Principles of Teaching (How we teach strokes)
- Principles of Communication
- How to be an Effective Coach
The course is about fundamentals of coaching behaviors. Without this foundation, none of the other skills you learn will be helpful!
GOLD Seal Level 2 – The Stroke School — two days, Wednesday and Thursday, January 29 and January 30.
This is ASCA’s most popular course. In the US most of the coaches who take this course do so because they WANT to, not because they have to. The knowledge shared in this course is fantastic. It is all about how we teach and correct strokes, starts, turns, and finishes.
We are going to show videos of the great Olympic swimmers to see what the modern trends and techniques are.
Then we are going to show videos of children — just like your swimmers — learning the strokes and doing drills.
This is my favorite course to teach! I have a lot of fun sharing teaching skills and drills with all coaches.
How to Write Workouts and Run GREAT Practices — Friday, January 31.
I would like to invite you to attend our most popular (Non-Certification) course – How to Write and Run Practices for Age Group Swimmers. I will be teaching the course on January 31.
- The information is fantastic. It will make your coaching life more fulfilling by helping you to create productive and satisfying practices.
- This course will count toward your ASCA Gold Seal Level 3, Level 4, or Level 5 requirement. Remember, for ASCA Level 3 Gold Seal Certification you need to show proof of coaching a swimmer at a high level (see our website for specific achievement times) OR you can take 3 optional courses in addition to the Levels 1, 2, and 3 Certification courses. (Level 4 requires 4, Level 5 requires 5.)
Would you like your swimmers to get better by a goal oriented plan that you intelligently created, or do you just hope they get better by accident and natural growth?
School teachers of 9, 10, 11, and 12 year olds teach lessons from a plan. Coaches, we should be preparing workouts with the same attention that a school teacher gives.
Here is what we suggest:
- Set goals
- Design the components of a practice session that will help your swimmers improve,
- Then design a season training plan
- Write workouts that are challenging and productive and motivating for the swimmers
- Finally manage the practice session.
This course will give you the tools for all of the above by answering these questions.
- What are the practice categories
- How much stroke work should we do?
- Is kicking really important?
- How do we learn how to race?
- How much aerobic training is enough?
Finally, you may be able to write a beautiful workout but your creativity is a waste of time unless you can manage the workout. This is the best part of the course!
- How do you manage many different abilities?
- Can you run more than one group?
- When do you move swimmers to the next group?
- How do you manage stroke teaching?
- How do you motivate and challenge your swimmers?
I love teaching this course. I first wrote it in 1992 because nobody else was teaching it. I have continued to write and re-write the course especially for all of our coaching friends who are looking for ways to get more things done and have more satisfaction doing it.
When you come to this class you will see how energized I am, and how eager I am to be helpful to you.
I hope to see you there.
ASCA Level 5 Age Group Coach
Friend of All Coaches.
About The Speaker:
This course is taught by Guy Edson of the American Swimming Coaches Association. Previous to joining the ASCA staff in 1988 Guy was a full time coach and earned an ASCA Level 5 Age Group Coach certification with many nationally ranged age group swimmers and three state championship team titles under his coaching. At ASCA Guy is the director of ASCA’s clinics and seminars, as well as ASCA’s Job Service program. Guy has spoken in every state of the US plus 20 countries. His presentations are full of energy and passion and his primary objective is giving coaching practical coaching tips they can use the very next day in their training programs. He loves to coach coaches.
Register / Info