About the Event
The 2021 WOWSA Coaches Education Program (South East Asia) includes*:
- A comprehensive Open Water Swimming Coaches Education Program for pool swimming coaches, triathlete coaches, masters swimming coaches, fitness coaches and endurance sports coaches and multi-sport coaches. (Worth USD125)
- Online Assessment (Ability to take the test two times worth USD25)
- 1-year ASCA International Membership, worth USD33/pax (extension for existing members)
- 1-Year WOWSA Coach Pro Listing, worth USD29
- e-Certificate of Completion upon successful submission, recognised by WOWSA and ASCA.
- Downloadable PDF book by Steven Munatones, Open Water Swimming, Worth USD29.
- BONUS! LIVE Zoom Q&A Session with Coach Sid Cassidy
- BONUS! LIVE Zoom Q&A Session with WOWSA Founder Coach Steven Munatones & Olympic Coach Chris Morgan
- *Latest update: 16th April 2021
What to expect in this course… The certification program will educate interested individuals on everything from proper swimming techniques to race tactics. Individuals who pass the program will be able to safely coach young children in short introductory open water swims as well as escort marathon swimmers in the English Channel.
- Open Water Safety
- Marine Environment
- History of the Sport
- Best Practices
- Pyramid of Success
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE 10th May 2021
- VIRTUAL CLINIC: 17th May 2021 – 28th May 2021*. When we are all set, an email will be sent out to all Virtual Clinic attendees letting you know you are ready to begin the Virtual Clinic.
- ONLINE ASSESSMENT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 28th May 2021, 11.59am (Malaysia Time)
*You will be assessed based on your performance on the online WOWSA test.
- Level 1 – a score of 75% correct answers on the WOWSA test .
- Level 2 – a score of 80% and coach 1 athlete who has completed a 5 KM swim in open water.
- Level 3 – A score of 85% and one athlete who has completed a 10KM Swim in open water.
- Level 4 – A score of 90% and coaching of one athlete who has completed a 25 KM swim, or competed in a national championship event.
- Level 5 – A score of 95% and coaching 1 athlete who has competed in the Olympic Games or an international championship event or completed a channel crossing.
STEPS TO GETTING STARTED ON YOUR VIRTUAL CLINIC AND ONLINE ASSESSMENT
- Upon receiving your Invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org www.openwaterswimming.com, login to your account: www.openwaterswimming.com
- Once logged in, in the top right you’ll see LEARN on the navigation, you will see WOWSA PROGRAMS & WORKOUTS, click that.
- You should now see the Coaches Education Program, click See More.
- Begin watching the online videos courses at any time at your own pace.
- Remember to complete your online assessment and hit the SUBMIT button by 28th May, 11:59pm (Malaysia Time)
Frequently Asked Question(s)
1. Where does the Virtual Clinic take place?
Upon successful registration and payment, you will receive an official online invitation to complete your online assessment at your own pace at www.openwaterswimming.com. The instructions will be emailed to you by 14th May 2021.
2. Do I need a ticket to join the Virtual Clinic?
The email you've registered with us is your "virtual ticket". WOWSA will send you an official invitation by email to get started on your virual clinic and online assessment. So please do check your inbox regularly!
3. Do I need a Zoom account to join the Live Q&A Session?
Joining a Zoom meeting is quick and easy! Discover the options for joining meetings based on your requirements and to ensure the best meeting experience possible HERE! Learn the options for joining and configuring Zoom's audio and video settings HERE.
4. How do I join the LIVE Q&A Zoom Session with your special guests?
We will send the Zoom Invite link and password to your email. Only paid participants will receive the Zoom Invitation links.
If you have more questions, you can email us at email@example.com
*Subject to change.
Register / Info