Contact Email: coachjodiC@cgbdswim.org
Address of Job: 607 Lotz Drive Yorktown,VA 23692
Phone Number: (757) 603-7948
Team Name: Coast Guard Blue Dolphins
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: Club
DUTIES OF THE ASSISTANT HEAD AGE GROUP COACH
- Maintain all requirements of USA Swimming coach membership (paid for by CGBD).
- Assist the Head Coach of Age Group Tier of Program.
- Writes seasonal plans for the age group practice group.
- Writes and disseminates daily workouts for the age group practice group.
- Assists with the implementation of Dryland Program for the Age Group Tier.
- Serves as an assisting deck coach for Prep groups and the lead coach for the Age Group practice group.
- Assists or covers other practices as schedule changes dictate.
- Maintain attendance records for Age Group practice group and other practice groups as needed.
- Assists in developing meet schedule for Age Group tier swimmers.
- Attends swim meets.
- Attends highest level swim meets of athletes coached.
- Execute meet entry procedures for Age Group Tier Swimmers.
- Available to travel with higher level athletes as directed by Head Age Group Coach.
- Works with the Head Age Group Coach to make sure that all swim meets are staffed.
- Attends all pertinent meetings at swim meets
- Assists with the planning and execution of goal setting meetings/ sessions with Age Group practice group swimmers and assists with Age Group tier swimmers as directed by the Head Age Group Coach.
- Attend clinics and classes as directed by the Head Age Group Coach.
- Ensure athletes follow CGBD and USA Swimming Codes of Conduct.
- Attends staff meetings for Age Group Tier of program.
- Attends bi-weekly Senior Staff meetings as directed by the Head Age Group Coach.
- Follows up on staff education/mentorship with Head Age Group Coach.
- Assists with the evaluation of age group and assistant age group coaches.
- Assists the Head Age Group Coach with follow up for staff at satellite locations.
- Assist in recruiting coaches for vacancies in the Age Group Tier.
- Assist in implementation of Parent/Swimmer education plan.
- Assists with the communication to Age Group and Prep practice groups.
- Return e-mails and phone calls of parents.
- Return e-mails and phone calls of potential swimmers.
- Have cell phone (the team will provide a stipend for the cell phone) to aid in communication.
Assists the Head Age Group Coach as liaison with Aquatics Director at Brittingham Midtown Aquatic Center, the Hampton Aquatic Center, and other facilities as directed.
- Assist in development of practice schedule.
- Assist in evaluation of programs.
- Maintain scheduled office hours (approximately 10-15 hours per week).
- Assist in planning team functions.
- Attend team functions as directed by the Head Age Group Coach.
- Attend any meetings of the parents or board as directed by the Head Age Group Coach.
- Assistant Meet Director for CGBD Developmental and 8 and U meets.
- Coordinates the distribution of meet awards for all practice groups.
- Creates and posts meet achievement reports after all swim meets.
- Assists the Head Age Group Coach with apparel vendor.
- Assists Head Age Group Coach with development of recruitment plan.
- Executes recruitment plan with staff.
- Works with Dolphin Swims Program Director on converting LTS participants into the swim team.
- Works with Dolphin Swims Program Director on Open House dates for swim team and LTS.
- Assists Head Age Group Coach with Summer Clinics.
- Attend Summer League dual meets and championship meets.
- Attend LSC meetings. (Age Group Committee and HOD meetings).
- Be available to speak in the community about swimming and/or CGBD.
- Apply for Zone coaching on a two year cycle.
$35K to $40K per year exempt employee
$2500 per year stipend for medical benefits
$64 stipend for mobile phone
Up to $2000 paid training for credentialing and continuing education
Free membership to ASCA
About the organization
The Coast Guard Blue Dolphin mission is to enhance our safe sport team environment which empowers every swimmer to achieve their full potential. We will promote team unity and the love of swimming, taking pride in every swimmer’s success. We will respect each other in all things we do while seeking to grow as a team, as individuals, and as citizens.”
We promote team unity and the love of swimming. We take pride in every swimmers’ success. We respect each other in all we do while seeking to grow as a team, as individuals, and as citizens.
We believe in providing multiple training groups in accordance with the ability levels and aspirations of our athletes. We foster the enjoyment and love of competitive swimming and strive for growth and excellence in our team members. With these principles as our foundation, the Blue Dolphins excel at local, state and national levels.
CGBD offers high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. All of our coaches, as members of the American Swimming Coaches Association, have access to the most comprehensive training and certification program for youth coaches of any sport in the United States. They provide assurances that the time children spend in swimming will be quality time.
We are a non-profit club, run by an elected Board of Directors which meets each month. All members of CGBD are welcome at each meeting and encouraged to be involved in team planning and activities. All CGBD competition and activities are supported by the volunteer efforts of our parents and families.