Head Age Group Coach/Age Group Program Director
Spokane Wave Aquatic Team (SWAT)
Listed August 6, 2019
The Spokane Wave Aquatic Team (SWAT) is accepting applications for Head Age Group Coach/Age Group Program Director. This is a full time salaried position.
Spokane Wave is a year round competitive USA Swim Team located in Spokane, Washington. SWAT competes in the Inland Empire (IE) LSC and averages 135 swimmers per year.
SWAT is looking for a professional, self-motivated coach with experience developing, recruiting for and maintaining competitive age group programs. Under the direction of the Head Coach the qualified candidate would oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the SWAT age group program.
The position requires on average 15-20 hours of deck time a week, weekend swim meets, and administrative office hours/duties.
On Deck Duties (include but limited to):
- Adhere to USA Swimming and ASCA Code of Ethics
- Daily Training sessions on average 2-3 hours/day
- Planning and Developing age group programs to foster the growth of the SWAT and the development of each individual swimmer to achieve their greatest potential
- Responsible for the recruitment, growth and performance of the SWAT age group program
- Directly coaching SWAT’s top age group (Gold)
- Substituting for other staff when necessary
- Swimmer practice attendance tracking
- Meet Attendance
Administrative Duties (include but not limited to):
- Design and Implement long term age group training/development plan.
- Age Group track for progression through SWAT training programs, including training group recommendations, placement and promotions
- Development of new SWAT training programs to help foster the growth of the program
- Recruit and Retain new swimmers to SWAT through new programs or local partnerships
- Meet Entries
- Parent and Swimmer Education
- Regular Parent meetings
- Athlete goal meetings and performance updates
- USA Swimming and SWAT Registrations
- Continuing Coaching Education
SWAT emphasizes Team over Individual and has seen a lot of recent success quickly becoming the premier team in the Inland Northwest. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. SWAT covers the coach’s annual registration fees, meet lodging and travel expenses, and continuing education.
The qualified candidate must have a College Degree, ASCA Level 2 requirements or equivalent of; Must be Team oriented and a Team Builder; must be able to work under the direction of the Head Coach to support SWAT Team Goals and guidelines.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Head Coach Sean Muncie, CoachMuncie@yahoo.com. Any questions please contact Head Coach Sean Muncie @ 575-496-8259.