Age Group Coach
WASHINGTON, POULSBO / EAST BREMERTON
Poulsbo Piranha Swim Team
Listed August 21, 2019
The Poulsbo Piranha Swim Team is in search for an experienced Level 2 Age Group Coach with an interest in developmental swim programs. PPST is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Poulsbo and East Bremerton, WA. We have approximately 110 swimmers ranging from age 7 to 18.
The Age Group Coach is expected to demonstrate leadership, encourage participation and the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of swimming, and assist the Head Coach with administration relating to the developmental and age group programs of the club. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the swim program, including (but not limited to) coaching at meets, training, goal setting to enhance performance, and safety.
- Ensure the safety of swim team members, performing lifesaving and/or first aid procedures when necessary.
- Enforce team rules and policies as well as pool rules and regulations.
- Respond to swimmer accidents and emergencies, and administer first aid and CPR as necessary.
- Conduct swim team workouts and provide instruction to swim team members; enhance the swimming skills and development of all team members; ensure team member adherence to and understanding of safe training, competitive and swimming practices.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Assist and support all team-related activities, parties, fund raisers etc.
- Perform clerical duties in support of the swim team as needed, such as responding to parents’ and swimmers’ questions and emails, creating workouts, taking attendance, and assisting with meet entries.
- Maintain routine records related to swimming accidents, incidents and assigned activities.
- Maintain swimming area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Experience with exercise science, education, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as a Developmental, Age Group, or Head Coach with a USA Swimming team preferred.
- ASCA Level 2 or above preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming required.
Compensation and Hours:
Pay will depend on experience but is anticipated to be $20-$30/hr.
Hours will range from 10-20 hrs per week with attendance at meets expected.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to our Head Coach Mark McBride at
The position will remain open until filled.