Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: Ventura, CA, USA
Phone Number: (805) 658-1815
Team Name: Buenaventura Swim Club
Position Type: Head Coach
Organization Type: Club
Buenaventura Swim Club is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Head Coach who will define and lead the overall directions of our year-round swim club program.
The Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of operating both year-round competitive swim programs.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
- Coach and supervise senior elite swimmers (on deck)
- Develop and oversee yearly, seasonal, and weekly training programs for all age groups
- Hire, supervise and mentor coaching staff and facilitate future education of coaching staff
- Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers,parents, coaches and board members
- Host periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Provide monthly written reports to the Board of Directors and attend board meetings
- Collaborate with the Ventura Aquatic Center, the City of Ventura, and other local recreational aquatic directors and local high school swim coaches for facility use, contract compliance, and asset sharing
- Represent the team at swim meets, external meetings, and other required meetings or assign a delegate
- Experience as both a head coach and age group coach of a competitive swim team with at least 100 athletes
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification, including first aid and life-saving certification
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Coaching Certification Level 3 or higher preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interface with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board of Directors and community members
- Team management skills and ability to provide clear verbal or written direction to employees/swimmers/parents
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education
- Track records of swimmer recruitment, retention, and development at all levels
- Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer is strongly preferred but not required
- Must pass a Background check with USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Provide a minimum of 3 References
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
Interested applicants should submit a resume, coaching philosophy statement, and contact information for three professional references by email to email@example.com.
Buenaventura Swim Club offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The package includes a base salary, paid vacation, paid professional development, and travel expense reimbursement for meets.
About the organization
Our club is a non-profit, board-governed, coach-led swim team established in 1962 operating out of Ventura Aquatic Center in Ventura, California. Our club is a USA Swimming Club Level 2 Recognition organization with Safe Sport Certification. USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Program awarded Buenaventura Swim Club with Silver-level status in 2015, 2016 and 2018 and Bronze-level status in 2019. Our club swimmers regularly participate in elite-level swim meets such as Sectionals, Futures, Junior Nationals, Senior Nationals, and Olympic Trials and continue on to numerous Division I college programs.
In addition to its youth swim program, Buenaventura Swim Club has a well-established masters swim program. Ventura County Masters (VCM) was formed in 1997 to train swimmers over the age of 19 and is chartered by the United States Masters Swimming organization and is part of the Southern Pacific Masters Association. VCM is comprised of competitive swimmers (including World Masters record holders), triathletes, and fitness swimmers.