Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job: 1100 Alamo Drive, Vacaville, CA 95687
Phone Number: (707) 365-8712
Team Name: Vacaville Swim Club
Position Type: Head Coach
Organization Type: Club
HEAD COACH JOB POSTING
Vacaville Swim Club, a 501 (C) (3) swim organization located in Vacaville, California (since 1965) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Coach. Currently Vacaville Swim Club has approximately 240 swimmers in our year-round program. The goal of our team is to provide our community an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve “Success at Every Level”. Our coaching professionals guide each swimmer’s career, all the way from entry level to National competition. We focus on training the whole athlete, including nutritional education, mental and emotional health, dryland exercise (including injury prevention circuits and strength & conditioning routines), training and racing strategies and a strong emphasis on technical proficiency in the water.
- At least five full years competitive coaching experience
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing with Athlete Protection Training.
- Current American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Protocol Training
- Background check
- Sound technical understanding of swimming, especially for competition swimming
- Documented high performance coaching achievement
- Experience coaching age group elite swimmers and helping them develop and achieve their swimming goals.
- Experience managing, supervising, mentoring and developing an excellent coaching staff to work toward common team goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and fairly, written and orally, with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated organizational and managerial skills that promotes improvement and team success.
- Knowledge and management of hosting, bidding for and pursuing swim meets for swimmers at all levels.
- Experience with swim meet and team management software including Team Unify, Swim Connection, and HY-TEK.
- Recognized in the swimming field as an exceptional coach
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others (athletes, coaches, parents) to achieve team goals.
- Holds self and others to high standards and fosters a culture of accountability that rewards success and mentorship within the team.
- Highly collaborative and committed to a team atmosphere and individual achievement.
- Committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values diversity and equity.
BASIC FUNCTIONS – HEAD COACH
- Promotes and encourages a positive, progressive, inclusive, supportive, and winning culture while being a persuasive leader, serving as the Head Coach for the entire VSC.
- Encourages and develops self-motivation among swimmers of all abilities; challenges and supports athletes to maximize their personal and team-oriented potential
- Dedicated Coach to the senior elite competitive swim groups.
- Develop and oversee competitive training programs for all age groups (with an emphasis on technique) in conjunction with the VSC group coaches.
- Develop and execute a seasonal plan to include training programs, goal setting, and dryland routines for all groups.
- Provide guidance and support to athletes during the college recruiting and/or decision process.
- Supervise swimmers and parents in accordance with VSC guidelines regarding travel procedures, Code of Conduct and SafeSport as outlined in the VSC Handbook.
- Ensure that accurate daily attendance records for all VSC swim groups are maintained
- Complies and ensures club compliance with USA Swimming and Sierra Nevada Swimming policies.
- Maintains a healthy professional relationship with the City of Vacaville Parks and Recreation and City leadership.
- Collaborates with the City of Vacaville Aquatics Director to ensure adequate pool space and practice time to run the team practice sessions, clinics, camps, events, and meets; coordinates with vendors and partners where necessary.
- Builds strong relationships with Sierra Nevada Swimming, USA Swimming and the other Western Zone swim clubs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other aquatic programs, including local high school swim programs, diving, and water polo, while supporting VSC members participating in other athletic activities.
- Ensures competitive swimmers maintain current registration with USA Swimming.
- Communicates regularly to club membership about current and upcoming program operations, including competition, social and fundraising events, and schedule changes.
- Collaborates with VSC Board on strategic planning, marketing, vision, communication, fundraising, scholarship program and other key initiatives.
- Works with the VSC Board on the swim team program annual budget and day-to-day finances.
- Collaborates with VSC Board to ensure that the team website hosted on Team Unify is up-to-date and functioning smoothly. Maintain and update team records.
- Communicate with VSC Board, parents, and swimmers in a courteous and timely manner during on-deck hours when appropriate, by phone, and/or email.
- Submit a schedule for meets and other scheduled activities to the VSC Board on a yearly and quarterly basis.
- Attend monthly VSC Board meetings
Staff Management and Development
- Staffing and assigning assistant coach/lifeguard staff as appropriate to all practices, team events and competitions.
- Recruit, retain, supervise, and mentor a productive and effective coaching and lifeguard staff, which includes conducting goal-setting meetings, observing and documenting performance and providing feedback to staff on a regular basis.
- Make recommendations on and encourage professional development (seminars, conventions, workshops, and other extended learning opportunities) for VSC coaches and lifeguards.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a hiring orientation program for all coaches.
- Complete an accurate and timely timesheet review of VSC Staff.
- Ensure proper coaching coverage for all practices and swim meets.
Key Performance/Evaluation Factors include but are not limited to:
- Growth of team based on revenue, total team members, and athlete recruitment and retention year-to-year.
- Performance of team based on USA Swimming Club Excellence Rankings
- Performance of team on the Age Group Level (state-based) and Senior Level (Sectional and National-based)
To apply, interested candidates should send coaching philosophy, resume including job qualifications or accomplishments, and introduction letter electronically to Ernest Monette, Board@vacavilleswimclub.com Application materials must be submitted by October 15, 2021. If additional information is needed by the applicant the preferred contact method is by email.
Competitive salary based on experience. Paid Vacation and Sick Leave.
About the Organization:
“The mission of the Vacaville Swim Club is to develop a safe community-based program where swimmers of all ages and abilities have the opportunity to fulfill their potential as athletes through the highest levels of our sport. We emphasize the core values of integrity, sportsmanship, respect and character along with a healthy lifestyle through the sport of competitive swimming. Each participant and family in our program is valued as an integral part in creating a safe environment of excellence in achievement and personal growth.”