The FISH Swim Team
Full-Time Age Group Swim Coach
Listed March 22, 2021
The FISH Swim Team Seeks Full-Time AG Swim Coach
The FISH Swim Team, located in McLean, VA, seeks a full-time swim coach to work primarily with our age group swimmers. Located just outside of Washington DC, we are in a great swimming environment and a fantastic area to start or further a career in swim coaching. We are a team of 350+ swimmers with levels ranging from novice 8 & Unders to Olympic Trial qualifiers. We have a young, close-knit coaching staff that is hardworking, ambitious, and proud of our accomplishments together. Over the past year, we have achieved Silver Medal Club status and have recently been recognized as a Level 4 club by USA Swimming. Our women won the LC Eastern Sectionals in March, we placed second overall at the NASA Showcase Classic, and we’ve had numerous AAA and AAAA times, Olympic Trials Qualifiers, as well as National Top 10 rankings. We are looking for someone who is just as passionate about the sport as we are, dynamic and willing to learn, and has a proven record of developing and inspiring swimmers to succeed.
Job Tasks Include:
- Plan and conduct swim practices following the Head Coach and other coaching staff.
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets and assist with FISH-hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Recruitment of new swimmers, including conducting summer stroke clinics at several pools in the area.
- Administrative tasks such as communication with parents and swimmers, meet entries, newsletters, and updating The FISH website.
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time benefits include 50% payment toward health and dental plan, paid vacation and sick leave, reimbursement for USA certifications, background checks, etc. We also offer coach growth and development opportunities, including ASCA and ISCA clinics, traveling to high-level meets, and training trips.
To Apply: Please send resume in MS Word format to Managing Director Monika Paris at firstname.lastname@example.org