Head Age Group Coach (5-14 yr olds)
Eagle Swimming Association
Listed March 18, 2019
Salary based on experience, history, resume and recommendations.
(AG 3 – 4 and Development Group- AAAA swimmers & below)
Eagle Swimming Association is seeking a highly motivated and energetic coach to fill the role of Head Age Group Coach. The ideal candidate will have high energy and passion for swimming, be charismatic and personable, be knowledgeable about technique and stroke mechanics of the sport and be willing to grow with Eagle Swimming Association. This Coach will be supporting and carry out the mission of Eagle Swimming Association and Philosophy of the Head Coach.
- ASCA Level 2 or above.
- Must have (or obtain before being on deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum of 1 yrs. coaching experience
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & development of younger/newer athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- Leadership skills,
- Decision-making ability (in the interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents, and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from Head Coach
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our Age Group program swimmers (ages 5-14 – AAAA swimmers & below) to be ready to compete at the Age Group Championship Level.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist Sr coach as needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show the ability to work with and communicate well with all age group parents and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean and organized pool area
- Manage our Age Group travel trip(s)
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with Age group coaches
- Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
HOW TO APPLY
Please Submit your resume, along with salary expectations and three references to Matt Sanspree at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Eagle Swimming Association
Eagle Swimming Association was established in August 2006 with the goal of building a swimming community in the southern half of Humble School District. It is a non-profit organization that features a competitive age group and senior swim team that offers swimmers in the Humble area an opportunity to excel in the sport of swimming. As a member of Gulf Swimming and USA Swimming, the goal of Eagle Swimming Association is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her ability level. Eagle Swimming Association creates an environment where swimming excellence is pursued with courage.Eagle Swimming Association trains out of two pools located at Atascocita High School and Summer Creek High School with practices offered during the week to all ages and abilities. The Team attends local, regional and national USA Swimming meets and events.Over the years, Eagle Swimming Association has been a top 18 and under program in Gulf Swimming and USA Swimming. In 2015 and 2016 Eagle Swimming Association was Nationally Recognized as a Bronze Medal Club of Excellence. ESA is a level four-club recognition program, which is the highest in USA Swimming. Eagle Swimming Association’s staff of professional coaches is all certified by USA Swimming and provides high-quality technique instruction for all ages and abilities. All of Eagle Swimming Association’s staff has access to the most comprehensive training and certification programs for youth coaches in the United States.