Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 19133 David Memorial Drive Shenandoah, TX 77385
Phone Number: (302) 300-2702
Team Name: The Woodlands Swim Team
Position Type: Head Age Group Coach/Assistant Senior Coach
Organization Type: Club
Job Status: Full Time
The Woodlands Swim Team (“TWST”), located in The Woodlands, TX just north of Houston, is seeking a Head Age Group Coach/Assistant Senior Coach.
The successful candidate will work with the top 11-12 practice group. TWST is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club and has achieved Level 4 Club Recognition. We have a 300+ roster including State, Sectional, Junior National, National and Olympic Trials qualifiers. The team swims at the Conroe ISD Natatorium which is a state of the art aquatic center rivaling many college natatoriums featuring a 65 meter indoor pool with dual movable bulkheads. Additionally, the team boasts a family culture rich in tradition that includes coaches and volunteer parent committees working towards the success of the athletes in a competitive and encouraging environment.
Education & Qualifications
College graduate preferred. CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming. Proficient in use of Team Unify and/or Team Manager.
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements.
Successful USA Swimming background screen and reference check
Experience: 5-10+ years coaching experience.
Overall Job Goal
Develop and conduct age and developmentally appropriate practices for the top 11-12 year olds on the team. Through these practices swimmers will be challenged in every way to be the best person and swimmer they can be. Assist with training the Senior groups on the team. Collaborate with the associate head coach to develop trainings designed to enrich staff knowledge and understanding of the sport, the athletes and the human body.
Reports to: TWST Head Coach -Chris Collier
- Follows and enforces USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
- Be an active TWST coach and embrace the team and staff culture
- Bring excitement, passion & enthusiasm to the pool deck everyday
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices pursuant to TWST guidelines and philosophy for Age Group swimmers, including individual and group goal setting, test set records, parent communication, workouts, meet entries, outside activity planning, dryland schedule and team building activities.
- Have a strong understanding of age appropriate stroke technique and be able to communicate those points to the athletes at practice and swim meets.
- Be a strong and consistent communicator with age group parents and athletes
- Manage and provide accurate attendance records• Recruit swimmers by active participation in TWST marketing and sponsorship efforts, attending summer league meets and by being the best possible coach and role model for all TWST athletes
- Be a “See something, say something” coach.
- Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes Team Administration
- Help educate new swimmers and families about the team’s programs, and competitive swimming in the LSC and in USA Swimming
- Develop and execute a plan for continued coaching education, including conducting monthly education and enrichment seminars
- Attend and all TWST Coaching staff meetings.
- Communicate & and coach internal TWST swim clinics as necessary.
- Participate in and coach clinics designed for summer league swimmers as necessary.
- Generate/maintain email templates to assist coaches with group moves, class excuses, recommendation letters, etc.
- Attend any professional clinics and actively share knowledge with TWST coaching staff as required.
- Work directly with Head Coach and others to create monthly team report for the head coach to present at the TWST Monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- Any other duties assigned by the TWST Head Coach
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience