Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 1360 Tanyard Road Sewell, NJ 08080
Team Name: Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Club
Position Type: Assitant Coach
Organization Type: Club
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and professional swim coach to serve as both the assistant for our National group and Head Coach of one of our top age group practice groups. The right person possesses strong communication skills, is knowledgeable of the TeamUnify platform, and knows how to write a workout and season plan for the 11-14 age groups. This position will include administrative duties outside of those required for the head coach of a practice group.
- Head coach for our Gold 2 group (11-14 years old) six practices per week, 11.5 months out of the year.
- Assistant coach for our National group (high school ages) 6-8 practices per week, 11.5 months out of the year.
- Attend 1-2 swim meets a month (both local and travel) as assigned by the head coach.
- Oversee athlete progression and contribute to upward trajectory of athletes through all levels of the program.
- Perform administrative duties (8-10 hours per week) including scheduling of staff, assisting head coach in oversight and mentoring of staff, parent communication, and oversight of the team’s various social media accounts. Other administrative duties to be assigned.
- Participate and engage in program season and future planning exercises.
- Oversight and management of one major fundraising activity per year.
- 4+ years of USA Swimming team coaching leading high level age group (11+ year olds) or senior level swimmers.
- Currently credentialed USA Swimming coach (all current USA Swimming coach member requirements either fulfilled or able to be immediately re-certified).
- Proven ability to foster an environment of inclusion and excellence in swimming through dryland, in-water practices, other team activities, and competitions.
- Understands proper technique, stroke development, and advanced aerobic training for age group and senior swimmers.
- An interest in continuing education. We are looking for a coach who is continually striving to gain more knowledge, be curious, and share this knowledge with the swimmers and fellow staff members.
Additional Qualifications (not required by highly sought):
- Knowledge of Meet Manager platform
- Previous experience as a swim meet Operational Risk (Safety) Director
- Previous experience as a staff member for an LSC Zone team or camp
Minimum Salary – $45,000
Benefits include medical insurance (reimbursement), paid time off, meet travel expenses covered or reimbursed, paid professional development (clinic/conference attendance), and a small stipend for relocation expense (if necessary).
There is also the opportunity to make significant additional income through swim lessons and clinics.
About the Organization:
The Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Club is a coach-owned program in Southern New Jersey. Our team consists of 275 full-time swimmers, an additional 50 part-time swimmers, and a swim lesson program. Our home pool is an indoor, eight lane 50 meter by 25 yards with 23 lanes available for short course training. The team is traditionally one of the top programs in the Middle Atlantic LSC, both at the age group and senior team levels, and has developed National and Junior National Champions as well as many junior national, national, and Olympic Trial qualifiers. Our core values are community, instruction, and excellence.