Job Title: Head Swim Coach
Watertown Area Swim Club
Listed January 5, 2021
Watertown Area Swim Club is looking to hire a Head Swim Coach for our club team. Swimmers age 5 – 19 years of age. There are currently 200 swimmers on the team with a supportive community. The town has the Prairie Lakes Wellness Center with an 8 lane pool and 3 lane warm-up/cool-down pool. The team hosts 5 meets each year. SD is an age-group only state, athletes swim year-round with the team, no high school swimming. Throughout Covid-19 – the facility worked with the team and we were only out of the water until June 1st. The team is currently practicing at pre-Covid-19 levels.
Watertown is the 5th largest town in South Dakota – with approximately 22,000 people. Northeastern SD is known for its lakes and great outdoors.
Position requires a motivated and enthusiastic coach with knowledge of competitive swimming. The team also employs a Team Manager who manages administration of the team – including billing, collection, fundraising, etc. An assistant coach oversees newer swimmers until they can swim all 4 strokes.
- Swim coaching experience and current swim coach certification with USA Swimming.
Ideal Candidate possesses:
- Proven success coaching all levels
- Strong core values that include respect, trust, and integrity
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, and co-workers
- Personality that motivates swimmers
- Knowledge of programs including Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coach developed swim groups in practice
- Coach all swimmers at meets
- Maintain and pursue continuing education related to all athletes at his/her level about proper stroke technique.
- Ensure proper communication with parents and swimmers
Salary will be commensurate with experience. $40,000 – $55,000
To Apply Please Email – email@example.com