Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 200 Hawkins Avenue #191 Ronkonkoma, NY 11741-4411
Phone Number: (516) 330-4229
Team Name: Sachem Swim Club
Position Type: Head Coach
Organization Type: Club
Head Coach / Director of Competitive Swimming
SACHEM SWIM CLUB
LOCATED: CENTRAL SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK
Location: Long Island, NY
The Sachem Swim Club (SSC-MR) has an opening for Head Swim Coach. SSC Club is a not-for-profit, board-governed organization that has been a big part of swimming on Long Island for decades. The club has between 200-250 swimmers throughout its various swim levels. Qualifications for this position include prior swim coaching as well as competitive swimming experience preferred. The successful candidate will have the ability to organize and direct swim practices and Assistant Coaches for all levels and abilities. The successful candidate must also communicate clearly and precisely both orally and in writing.
Responsible to the Board for overall swim operations, standards, and discipline in accordance with Club bylaws. Key advisor to the Board on all matters concerning swim operations.
Design and develop a swim philosophy, program, and classes that best meets the Club’s stated mission and objectives contained within bylaws, but also develop inspiring and motivational individual and class goals for each component of the club.
Oversight of all swim operations at the club including regulatory compliance, safety, discipline, ensuring an effective, efficient swim staff roster.
Serve as coach to the Seniors group and provide support and guidance to all coaches and swimmers in the competitive Swim Team, as well as attending swim meets.
Provide coach/instructor mentorship, training, and development opportunities and be responsible for oversight and standards of all levels of coaching and training groups across the club.
Ensure that all swim class programs are synchronized to adequately prepare swimmers to successfully advance and transition to each higher level.
Work with the Board to develop annual swim operations budget and forecast expenditure.
Plan and organize an annual swim calendar including targeted swim meets (on average one per month during regular season Fall, Winter, Spring), swimmer bonding and development activities as well as family engagement opportunities.
Swim meet selection, planning and registration, including swimmer and club registrations with USA Swimming. Maintain team statistics.
Ensure regulatory swim/pool operation compliance in accordance with NYS Safety & Health regulations, Pool Facility general rules, Club bylaws.
Promotion of the team locally and within NY Metro Swimming and USA Swimming.
Maintain records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, meet participations.
Drafts newsletter and articles for websites, social media, and local newspapers.
Communicates to all parent and swimmer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
Create an environment where individual athletes work as a team to promote positive influences, to embrace empathy, to grow confidence, to practice good sportsmanship, to instill hope and courage within each other.
Conduct monthly staff meetings – training, mentorship, evaluation of performance, review any membership feedback, constantly strive to improve.
Undertake additional duties as assigned.
- Understands the Sport of Swimming and Leads by Example
- Sponge for Knowledge/Profound Thinker/Visionary
- Shares the Knowledge/Educates Others
- Highly Energized and a Motivator
- Knows the Athlete, Values and Respects that Relationship
- Is an Effective Communicator and Teacher
- Is a Good Listener
- Is Disciplined, Strong in Character and Integrity
- High Attitude to Hard Work
- Displays Commitment and Clear Passion for the Sport
- Certified USA Swimming Coach with all certifications and education up to date.
- Lifeguarding Certification preferred
- One-two years related experience
- Minimum age 21
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- All appropriate and valid Licenses / Certifications / Registrations for USA Swimming, ASCA:
- Valid background check from USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coaching requirements.
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certifications.
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid.
- Red Cross CPR-PR/AED.Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not essential.
- Must be available to work flexible hours on weekday afternoons/evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Resumes will be accepted until the successful candidate is hired. Resumes along with references should be submitted to email@example.com
Salary Commensurate with experience.
About the Organization:
“Empowering young people to be champions in life through excellence in the sport of swimming”
The principle purpose of the Sachem Swim Club is:
to recognize, develop and further the athletic abilities and skills of students in the sport of swimming
to train and enter all members in USA Swimming competitions
to encourage good sportsmanship at all times
to perpetuate the sport of swimming through contests, participation, meets, demonstrations, instructions, and to take all actions necessary and proper to achieve the aforesaid purposes.