Contact Email: HRTeam@themac.com
Address of Job: 1849 SW Salmon Street Portland, OR 97205
Phone Number: (503) 517-2300
Team Name: Multnomah Athletic Club
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: Club
The MAC (Multnomah Athletic Club) is looking for a confident coach with strong leadership skills to motivate and enhance our program. The ideal candidate is passionate about working with 12 & under athletes but is comfortable coaching all levels. This coach should have good decision-making skills that are in the best interest of the athlete and the program and be able to create a safe and positive environment in order for our athletes to reach their potential.
Essential Job Functions:
The Assistant Swim Coach is on deck coaching for multiple squads ranging in age from 5-18 years 6 days per week. Average deck time is 21 hours per week. Additional meet and travel time both locally and nationally as needed and outlined by the head coach. Administrative duties will include consistent and timely communication with all swimmers and their families, squad management, new athlete registration, event planning and utilization of software systems (MS office, Team Unify, HyTek). The Assistant Swim Coach will plan their squad’s seasonal practices, meets, travel, athlete education and their own professional development with the guidance of the Head Swim Coach.
- Requires Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming and Lifeguard Certification.
- Minimum 3 years swim coaching experience and a passion for the sport along with professional drive.
- Experience coaching Novice through Championship Age Group Swimmers.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related work experience.
- Cooperative and respectful communication style.
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail.Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek, Team Manager and Meet Manager software systems, along with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Able to work seamlessly with all coaches to ensure that athletes 15 & under are being prepared for long-term progression through the team.
About the Organization:
The Multnomah Athletic club has a rich history of excellence in Portland and its 130 year history makes it a cornerstone organization of the city. The Club is owned and governed by a membership of 22,000 and operated by staff in our beautiful downtown clubhouse comprising of 600,000 square feet of athletic and social spaces. Our mission to enrich lives, foster friendships and build upon traditions of excellence in athletic, wellness and social programs is at the heart of what we do. Our staff team embodies our mission and looks for ways to partner with members and collaboratively work together to see that mission come to life.
The Multnomah Athletic Club is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.