Director of Aquatics Program / Varsity Swim Coach
Friends’ Central Aquatics and Friends’ Central School
Listed August 20, 2020
Director of Friends’ Central Aquatics Program and Varsity Swim Coach for Friends’ Central School
Friends’ Central Aquatics (FCA), one of the largest USA Club Swim Programs in Middle Atlantic Swimming, is looking for a full-time Director of Aquatics and Head Swim Coach for both Friends’ Central Aquatics and Friends’ Central School (FCS). The successful candidate will have a passion for swimming, a strong competitive spirit, the ability to inspire confidence, motivation, and loyalty, and a tremendous attention to detail. This position offers a dedicated coach the opportunity for tremendous development and growth on the local, regional, and national levels. Compensation is competitive and includes four weeks paid vacation, and health, dental, and pension benefits. It also includes the opportunity for additional income through private lessons and commission incentives.
1) Ensures continued growth and excellence of FCA and FCS Swim Programs.
2) Plans a coordinated team training and competition schedule each season for both FCA and FCS Swim Programs.
3) Recruits, hires, and supervises diverse staff and volunteers and further onboards and develops them for success, including professional development and evaluation.
4) Adheres to all USA Swimming and Middle Atlantic Swimming guidelines and policies.
5) Ensures robust marketing of the club, including the development and maintenance of an electronic parent newsletter, website and the club’s social media accounts.
6) Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships within the FCA and FCS community. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication to all members of the FCA and FCS communities.
Essential Job Tasks:
1) Participates in the development of annual operating budgets for approval by the FCS Business Manager and manages club revenues and expenses in keeping with the budget.
2) Prepares monthly and annual statistical reports on relevant program data.
3) Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
4) Provides hands-on direction for the Age Group swim team program on a daily basis, including writing practices consistent with the program’s approach and focus, as well as conducting practices for several different levels within the Age Group Programs.
5) Oversees assistant coaches working with the Age Group swimmers.
6) Develops effective communication (both written and verbal) with swimmers and parents.
7) Coordinates meet entries with assistant coaches for Age Group swimmers.
8) Oversees club website and social media administration.
9) Manages team enrollment and any on deck matters for Age Group swimmers at practices and meets.
10) Substitutes for other coaches as needed.
11) Other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Exempt, full time, 12 months
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, competitive experience in High School, College and USA Club swimming, at least 5+ years of coaching and administrative experience in USA Swimming. ASCA Level 3 Certification is preferred; Level 2 is required. Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certification are required. S/he should have strong written and verbal communication skills and display excellent judgement. Knowledge of Hy-Tek’s Meet Manager and Team Manager software, a familiarity with basic web content management, and social media is highly desirable. Candidates should have very high organizational, computer, and administrative skills. Candidates must pass the USA Swimming Coaching certification and background check requirements prior to final hire. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about teaching the core values of hard work, dedication, and a commitment to excellence to our swimmers and their families that aligns with the mission and vision of Friends’ Central School.
Friends’ Central Aquatics is a dynamic club with a committed core of 150+ swimmers, a supportive parent body, and an enthusiastic staff, looking to increase training and performance requirements. The club was founded in 2001 and has grown into one of the largest USA Club Swimming programs in the region. We are coach-run with strong staff and swimmer retention. The club currently trains in two locations just outside Philadelphia, PA. Our facilities include a fitness room, athletic fields and track, and an Endless Elite Pool. We host several short course meets each year. FCA also runs a very popular Saturday Swim School that offers both private and group lessons. Friends’ Central School has a successful swim program that has earned 27 total Friends Schools League titles with the boys’ team accounting for 16 of those, capturing every league title since 2004. The girls’ team has accounted for 11 of those, capturing every league title from 2006-13 and again from 2017 to present. FCS has sent many swimmers on to compete at the next level; in total, the boys’ and girls’ teams have sent more than 40 athletes on to swim in college.
Friends’ Central Aquatics and Friends’ Central School seek candidates with a commitment to fostering an inclusive learning community, who will address issues of diversity, as well as enhance the Philosophy of Inclusivity and Awareness articulated in our Diversity Statement.
Please submit a cover letter including a description of coaching philosophy, and resume with references to Michelle Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately, but the position will remain open until it is filled by the best candidate.
Contact: Michelle Crowley, 610-645-4480, email@example.com