Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 564 South Avenue New Canaan YMCA, CT 06840
Team Name: New Canaan YMCA Caimans
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: Club
- Associate Competitive Swim Director
- Full Time Exempt- With Benefits
- New Position
- YMCA, New Canaan, CT, US
- Salary Range: $42,000.00 To $53,000.00 Annually
Under the direction of the Competitive Swimming Director, the Associate Director is an assistant coach who can work with all levels of the competitive swim program but will have the ability to lead specific groups as deemed appropriate by the Director of Competitive Swimming. The Associate Director is responsible to be the leader of the team when the Director of Competitive Swimming is not available. Working with the Director of Competitive Swimming the Associate Director will oversee supervising assistant coaches and volunteers.
The Associate Director is also responsible for maintaining a high level of communication with fellow coaches, other competitive coaches here at the YMCA, swim team parents, USA Swimming and CT Swimming Coaches, and all YMCA directors and staff. The Associate Director will also be responsible for office work and other responsibilities including but not limited to attending monthly YMCA director meetings, planning events (competitive and social), completing swim meet entries, seasonal scheduling, planning program capacities, and budget responsibilities. The Associate Director must be able to answer questions pertaining to all levels of the swim team and other areas of the YMCA, assist with the setup, operation, and take down of all home meets, as well as assist the Director of Competitive Swimming in areas related to the swim team as needed.
Previous competitive coaching experience/participation is required, as well as strong administrative, organizational, and computer skills. Knowledge of Hy-Tek swimming software as well as operation of the Colorado Timing System is preferred. Certifications in the following safety areas: CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED, Lifeguard Training or Safety Training for the Swim Coaches, and First Aid. Must have or be able to complete a USA Swimming background check as well as complete USA Swimming Course work in athlete protection, coach advantage tutorial and concussion training. Minimum ASCA level two certification recommended. Other certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and USA Swimming Foundations of Coaching.
- Organize, oversee and run practices for all training groups.
- Be able to be both the lead coach as well as an assistant coach for all practice groups.
- Attend scheduled coach’s and YMCA Staff meetings.
- Report to the Director of Competitive Swimming on matters relating to the Competitive Swim Program (i.e. assistant coaches, practice schedules, team development, etc.)
- Responsible for all Age Group Meet Entries
- Posting fees as it relates to Team Unify.
- Assist in meet entry preparation and distribution of entries in a timely manner.
- Help set up, operate, run and take down home swim meets.
- Attend meets assigned by the Director of Competitive Swimming especially all sessions of championship meet.\ Assist other coaches as needed.
- Assist all practice groups including senior levels and masters, as needed.
- Reply to phone messages and e-mails in a timely manner (next day or ASAP).
- Develop and assist with the distribution of the monthly newsletter.
- Develop and assist with creating individual progressions to help with placement of swimmers in respective groups.
- Help plan and coordinate monthly parent meetings.
- Assist in website development (photos, meet announcements, team information, etc.)
- Keep all required certifications up to date (CPR, Coaches Safety Training, First Aid, Lifeguarding, USA Swimming Child Protection and USA Swimming Background Check)
- Correspond daily and weekly on matters pertaining swim team.
- Continue personal education related to the sport of swimming.
- Attend Coaching Clinics• Attend online coaching clinics offered by USA Swimming and ASCA.
- Attend the YMCA National Championships (Short and Long Course), as well as any other travel meet where two coaches are needed, and the event requires an extended overnight stay.
- Assist Director of Competitive Swimming in developing and maintaining team vision, plan and overall budget.
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of part-time coaches.
- Attend all professional staff meetings to keep informed of all activities at the YMCA.
- Assist in all YMCA activities and special events, as needed, to ensure their success.
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Job Description may be changed at any time by supervisor.
- Sufficient Strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position, and to supervise program activities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and talk.
- The employee may occasionally need to exercise these physical labor demands of light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
While performing the duties of this job, this individual may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid environments, moderate/ extreme noise. The practice schedule may include early mornings and late evenings. The meet schedule may include weekends.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
Assist in organizing, promoting, and developing an efficient and effective swim team program to encourage enjoyable youth participation and retention.
$42000-$53000- Full Time Exempt with benefits