Age Group Site Coordinator
NORTH CAROLINA, SANFORD
YMCA of the Triangle (YOTA)
Listed July 3, 2019
YOTA Age Group Site Coordinator is responsible for the leadership and direction of the YMCA’s Competitive Swimming program at the Ingram YMCA in Lee County NC while ensuring that all aspects of the program fulfill the mission, vision, and goals of the YMCA. This is a full time position that includes hours supporting the aquatic program as a lifeguard.
- Provides vision, leadership, and management of the day-to-day operations of the successful, values-oriented YMCA of the Triangle competitive swimming program for our Ingram YMCA site that includes multiple age group levels.
- Provides vision, leadership, and management to the part time staff that includes coaching and leadership traits to ensure a high quality swim program.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Leads implementation of open, clear, consistent and effective communication with athletes, parents, branch staff, volunteers and coaches.
- Abides by the YMCA of the USA Swimming and Diving, ASCA, and USA Swimming Code of Ethics. Serves as an ambassador to the community by actively promoting the YMCA aquatics and wellness programs.
- Maintain open communication with participants, parents, YOTA staff and all YMCA Aquatics staff members.
- Work with Senior Director of Competitive Swimming Team to establish annual program goals and work toward accomplishing these goals.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with program objectives, guidelines, and policies including attendance records, skill reviews and training plans.
- Prepare and submit all necessary information for swim meets and attend meets as assigned.
- Assists in Annual Campaign by recruiting volunteers and supporting team events in coordination with campaign efforts.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- While serving in the role as a lifeguard:
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Prefers a baccalaureate undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with at least 2 year coaching experience including age group coaching.
- Models a commitment to the YMCA Mission, Cause, values and leadership competency model.
- Strong ability to be an engaging presence leading staff and programs.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, the ability to determine and set priorities, manage his/her staff members work schedule; as well as, the capacity to handle multiple tasks appropriately in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
- Preferred ASCA level 2 swimming coach certifications.
- Proven skills in human relations, public speaking, program management, and volunteer development.
- Maintain necessary certifications including CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety Training and Lifeguard training.
Apply here: //tinyurl.com/yxn2emza