Address of Job:
The First Colony Swim Team in Sugar Land, TX seeks an experienced and energized Lead Coach. This full-time coaching position directs our Pre-Senior 2 group located in the First Colony area. Additional hours may be assigned as needed. The ideal candidate must have a strong knowledge of stroke mechanics and training techniques. This candidate must be able to communicate effectively and timely with the coaching staff, swimmers, and their parents.
FCST is a Coach run and Volunteer Parent Board supported 501-3(c) non-profit organization that has been successfully operating since 1981. FCST operates out of 8 different facilities, which all have at long-term usage agreements. Currently we have 700+ members spread across our Competitive Team, Swim League, and Masters groups.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Keep daily attendance and workout log
- Arrives 15 minutes early for all workouts and begins workouts on time
- Maintains a safe practice environment-free of violence and/or harassment
- Conducts himself in a professional, moral, legal, and ethical manner and keeps a neat and clean a appearance at all times on deck reflecting favorably on himself, FCST, Gulf swimming, and USA Swimming
- Helps swimmers set performance and outcome goals
- Creates and implements detailed season and yearly plans for water time, dryland time, and educational aspects due to the Head Coach by October 1 and April 1
- Creates workout sets designed to develop swimmers for the next group
- Prepares and submits meet entries on time
- Maintains group web page with monthly updates
- Responds to all communications within 24 hours of reception
- Runs parent meetings for each group (at least once per season)
- Emails groups a minimum of 4 times per month
- Attends all staff meetings
- Attend all assigned meets, arriving 15 minutes before the start of warm-ups, assist with warm ups, and work with all FCST coaches to provide a positive, competitive atmosphere for each FCST swimmer.
- College Degree (Preferred)
- Preferred, minimum two years of experience teaching/coaching swimming including teaching technique and the development of life-long swimming skills. ASCA Level certification 2 is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency including the use of e-Mail, Internet Navigation, Microsoft Office Software, Team Unify, and Social Media Platforms.
- Must have, or obtain prior to start date, all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications. (Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection Training)
- Must have a desire to learn and continue coaching education.
- Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements and Pass a reference check.
- Must currently reside in the United States.
- The Salary range is 32,000 to 37,000 based upon knowledge and experience.
- All staff members may receive bonuses based on team performance and annual budget success.
- FCST offers a complete benefits package including health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability insurance.
- FCST also pays for a team funded retirement plan.
- FCST will also reimburse for appropriate travel expenses, professional certifications, and coaching memberships.
- FCST can help with moving expenses
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND 3 REFERENCES TO HEAD COACH PETE WRIGHT
32000 – 37000 Plus Full Benefits including retirement
About the Organization: