Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job: 17000 Lake Street Extension Minnetonka, MN 55345
Phone Number: (952) 401-5226
Team Name: Minnetonka Aquatics
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: Club
Lead Coach – Minnetonka Swim Club, a part of the Minnetonka School DIstrict
Full-time, full-year position. Requires a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends. This position reports directly to the Head Coach of the Minnetonka Swim Club.
Application available here: https://www.applitrack.com/minnetonka/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=6230
Primary Objective of Position:
To coach, lead and motivate athletes in practice groups, promoting improvement and growth.
- Run group practices, teaching competitive swimming to athletes of a wide range of age and ability, as well as delegating to and supervising assistant coaches to ensure that athletes are learning and improving.
- Develops seasonal plans and writes practice sets and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the Minnetonka Swim Club’s athletic development plan to the needs of each athlete.
- Attend and Coach weekend swim meets as directed.Utilize email, newsletter, social media, and parent/coach meetings to ensure consistent communication outside of practices.
- Establishes and maintains standards of discipline to achieve an efficient training environment.
- Complete meet entries in an accurate and timely fashion, ensuring that event selection is age and ability appropriate.
- Identifies athlete needs and makes appropriate training adjustments and develops strategies for individual training plans.
- Make competitive determinations and decisions regarding competitions, events and relays.
- Ensures attendance and participation is tracked on a daily basis; works with Aquatics administrative staff to ensure monthly registration and billing records are accurate.
- Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
- Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in coach’s education meetings, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best coaching practices.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Extensive background in competitive swimming
- Experience as a swim coach for at least 2 years
- Current American Red Cross certifications in First Aid, CPR, USA Swim Coach certification
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and meet entry system.
- Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
- Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
- Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Salary range of $36,000-$40,000. Health insurance, 401K, Dental Insurance, etc…
About the Organization:
The mission of the Minnetonka School District is to ensure all students envision and pursue their highest aspirations while serving the greater good. In a community that transcends traditional definitions of excellence, we use learning and teaching as tools to value and nurture each person, inspire in everyone a passion to excel with confidence and hope, and instill expectations that stimulate extraordinary achievement in the classroom and in life.
The mission of the Minnetonka Swim Club is to build a program that promotes lifelong lessons, focusing on swimming successes.