Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 11155 SW 112 Avenue Miami, FL 33176
Phone Number: (706) 870-1496
Team Name: Alper J Swim Club
Position Type: Assitant Coach, Aquatics Staff
Organization Type: Club
Age Group Coach & Administrative Assistant
SUMMARY: Responsible for assistance in coaching all AJSC groups, coordinating AJSC lessons programing, and clerical duties pertaining to all Alper JCC aquatic programs.
Job Duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and AJSC policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the curriculum and supporting the philosophy and direction set by the Head Coach.
- Prepare swimmers to participate in swim meets and attending them as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Teach proper stroke technique and developing structured workouts.
- Assist the Head Coach with the development and implementation of the parent education initiative by emailing, engaging in conversation, and creating posts to helping with information on various swimming topics (e.g., why swim meets are important, long course vs. short course training).
- Coach practice groups as directed by the Head Coach.
- Communicate well with staff, parents, and swimmers.
- Assist with special training camps and other unique events at the Alper JCC Aquatics Center.
- Lead lessons instructor and lead lessons coordinator. Responsible for ALL Lessons scheduling, clerical duties, curriculum, and performing WSI duties when needed
- Act as Day/Summer Camp coordinator responsible for working closely ALL Lessons programing and Lessons administration to implement an age-appropriate, safe, and effective swim curriculum for the Alper JCC.
- Follow all safety and emergency procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Evaluate new Club members and appropriately assign to their new group.
- Manage all AJSC social media accounts.
- Coordinate and schedule seasonal aquatics staff for all Aquatic programs.
- Provide supportive leadership for AJSC Auxiliary Programs’ staff.
- Provide administrative support for ALL AJSC programing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evening and weekend hours as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to recognize problems and resolve on the spot.
- Work in a fast-paced, stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to set goals, create plans, and convert plans into action.
- Exhibited leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent English required, additional language skills a plus.
• Required Certifications:
- Lifeguard Training (American Red Cross)
- CPR (American Red Cross)
- First Aid (American Red Cross)
- AED Training (American Red Cross)
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- ASCA Level 2 Clearance
- Good Standing Membership in USA Swimming
- Previous professional experience with an aquatics program.
• Previous professional experience with an aquatics program.
• A genuine love for teaching children.
• Ability to relate to staff and members.
• Administrative experience in dynamic fast-paced environment.
• Must work well with varying age groups of children.
• Previous experience with leading a swim lesson program a plus.
• Must be able to work outdoors in extreme heat conditions for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree preferred and 1-3-year experience or a combination of education and related experience
Strong knowledge of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write short routine correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and email group situations, and to other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Observe all areas of the pool with clear vision.
2. Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment.
3. Communicate effectively with people in normal, loud and stressful situations, including projecting one’s voice across distance.
4. Support child and/or adult body weight in the water.
5. Previous professional experience with an aquatics program.
6. A genuine love for teaching.
7. Ability to relate to staff and members.
8. Must work well with varying age groups of children.
9. Previous experience with leading a swim lesson program a plus.
10. Must be able to work outdoors in extreme heat conditions for long periods of time.
11. Must be able to work in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
12. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to bend, twist, swat, and/or work in other awkward work positions.
13. Climb, balance, stoop, kneel/crouch, and crawl.
14. Close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
15. Must have good manual dexterity and be able to use a computer
16. Do repetitive movements with hands and/or wrists (sorting, creating files, typing)
17. Standing or sit for at least three hours during the day
Full-time salary plus benefits. Salary TBD
About the Organization
The Alper J Swim Club is a year round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. Our mission is to provide a safe environment while developing character, community, and a culture of excellence through the sport of swimming.