Job Title: Head Coach
Westbrook Seals Swim Club
Listed December 1, 2020
Head Coach Job Description:
The Westbrook Seals Swim Club is looking for an energetic and team-driven Head Swim Coach to join our vibrant community. The Head Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching our year-round USA swim team; maintaining a safe and effective learning and training environment while focusing on the fulfillment of our members’ swimming goals and achieving team revenue goals. The Head Swim Coach will also be responsible for hiring, developing, and directing all coaching staff and will be expected to facilitate communication between coaching staff, swimmers, parents and others critical to the success of our program. The Head Swim Coach will be asked to develop and implement a culture and vision to instill values and skills our swimmers can use both in and out of the pool with an emphasis on excellence, goal setting, development, support, and teamwork.
Currently, the Westbrook Seals Swim Club is a non-profit, board-governed, coach led organization, but we are interested in discussing the option of a coach owned team with the right candidate.
Basic requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years of successful Head Coach or Assistant Coach experience
- CPR/AED/First Aid and Lifeguard certified
- Experience managing and developing coaching staff
- Proficient in fostering productive relationships with other coaches and Board Members and be able to encourage creativity and contribution from others.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues both within swim and other community-wide areas.
- Showcase a detailed understanding of performance needs of developing aquatics
- Shows integrity and is fair, equitable and ethical in approach.
- Protects confidential information and adheres to policies outlined by USA and Maine Swimming
- Ability to develop and establish a positive, progressive, and winning team-wide culture
- Strong leadership, communication, verbal, and written skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Team Unify and Hy-Tek Management Software
To apply, please send the following information to:
Seals Swimming Club President, Marcy Barrows Scharf at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Overview of coaching experience
- List of three (3) references with contact information
- Statement of coaching philosophy
About the Westbrook Seals Swim Club:
The Westbrook Seals Swim Club is one of the oldest and most successful swim clubs in Southern Maine. Created in 1978 through the merger of the Portland Seals and the Westbrook Blue Fins, our original goal was to provide a top-quality, year-round swim program for the communities of the Greater Portland area.
Over the years this vision has become a reality, with a succession of championship swimmers. The Seals program strives to provide all our swimmers with the opportunity to be their best. We want a Head Coach to lead a team to produce world class citizens as well as world class swimmers.
The Seals Swim Club is a fully sanctioned USA Swimming program subsidized by its members. The team operates eleven months out of the year and offers two seasons of training and competition. The team prides itself on offering quality coaching, and a motivating and supportive environment in which to train.
We provide over 100 swimmers with the opportunity to enjoy the sport of swimming, take their skills to a higher level, strive for true excellence and pursue their biggest dreams.
For more information about our Club, please visit the Seals Swimming TeamUnify Website