Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job:
3032 Collier Parkway
Land O Lakes, FL 34639
Phone Number: (727) 282-3907
Team Name: Florida Elite
Position Type: Head Coach
Organization Type: Club
Florida Elite (FE) is a year-round swim club seeking an experienced, motivated individual for the position of Head Coach. This knowledgeable individual will be responsible for directing and overseeing all aspects of training and competition for our growing program with a wide variety of backgrounds and ages. This individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with staff, swimmers, volunteers, and program participant parents.
FE has a full-time Aquatics Director and part-time Team Administrator, so much of the admin and operations work is already covered here, and we are looking for a Head Coach to really focus on leading and developing the swim team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and encourage an educational, safe, and inviting experience for all participants in pursuit of growth and excellence
- Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups in conjunction with group lead coaches
- Plan team practice and year competition schedules
- Supervise and collaborate with a dedicated coaching staff
- Acts as the liaison between Florida Elite, USA Swimming, Florida Swimming, Swim Coaches and Parents
- Ensure that all practices are conducted in a professional manner according to FE and USA Swimming Safe Sport requirements
- Provide guidance and support to athletes during the college recruiting process
- Attend board meetings providing updates on staff and group progress
Essential Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in developing swimmers from entry level age group swimmers to National Qualifiers
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming including being current on all background checks, certifications, and athlete protection training
- Experience in mentoring/developing assistant coaches
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling conflict and collaboration up, down and across organizations
- Knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek software
Qualified applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Coaching availability and start date
About the organization
Florida Elite has a long history of supporting athletes in the sport of swimming in Land O Lakes. Our team consists of swimmers from beginning level age group athletes to National Qualifiers and everything in between. Our team trains at one location in Land O Lakes (Land O Lakes Recreation Complex). The pool has an outdoor 25-yard, heated and cooled, 8-lane pool. Land O Lakes is located in the Tampa Bay Area, 20 miles north of downtown Tampa, and is part of the Florida Swimming LSC.
FE is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization under the direction of a parent volunteer board of directors.