Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 4126 Executive Dr La Jolla, CA 92037
Team Name: Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center
Position Type: Assistant Coach and Lifeguard
Organization Type: Recreational
Position Title: Lifeguard/Assistant Swim Coach
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Sport, Fitness & Aquatics, and working alongside the Swim Team Head Coach, the Lifeguard/Assistant Swim Coach position is responsible for the safety of members and participants in and around the aquatic facility. This position will also be responsible for helping to organize and develop the JCC Barracuda Swim team by providing leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants in accordance with the JCC policies and procedures. The position prevents potential accidents by adhering to policies set forth by the American Red Cross and the JCC Aquatics team for members and non- members of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, Friedenberg Olympic Pool.
- Must be at least 16 years old (18 for Assistant Coach position).
- Current certificates preferred
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First-Aid certification, American Red Cross Blood Pathogen, American Red Cross
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Can train/certify staff on all certifications.
- Ability to communicate in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to be punctual to all scheduled shifts.
- Have experience coaching (for Assistant Coach position)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, swim, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate pool maintenance equipment, hand and power tools.
- Frequently bending at the waist, kneeling, crouching, or reaching above the head to store or retrieve materials.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Frequently lifting and carrying equipment or materials.
- Able to lift up to 30-50lbs. Ability to pull pool covers ranging 30-50lbs.
- Able to perform all American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills and CPR/AED.
- Ability to successfully perform the lifeguard skills checklist on a quarterly basis.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please fill out the LFJCC Employment Application at https://www.lfjcc.org/careeropportunities.aspx. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
PAY RATE/STATUS: $14.00-$15.00 per hour / Part-time, Non-Exempt / Year-Round and Seasonal
About the Organization:
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to connect the community to Jewish heritage, identity, experiences and values to ensure the continuity and vibrancy of the Jewish community. We accomplish our mission by promoting the physical and mental well-being of the community and offering a rich array of stimulating and innovative social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs and services. The LFJCC is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for San Diego’s diverse Jewish community and its greater general community.
The Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.