The American Swimming Coaches Association is seeking a Communications and Education Director. Applications will be accepted through August 13, 2021. To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The ASCA Communications and Education Director develops and executes strategic initiatives that provide education, communication, professional development and certification for swimming coaches. This position reports to the CEO.
The Director is responsible to:
- Develop and manage industry-leading continuing education and certification programs that use the latest technology and strive to raise the bar for coach excellence and professionalism.
- Oversee the online and live digital delivery of all educational offerings.
- Develop and produce effective, state-of-the-art communications strategies, including management of the ASCA websites, social media, emails and other digital communication.
- Plan and deliver top-notch coach education opportunities in live online, recorded and live in-person formats.
- Assist in the implementation of an efficient system for processing and tracking educational and certification offerings.
- Produce reports and analytics on member education and communications.
- Administer innovative strategies to engage coaches in ASCA initiatives and in the professionalization of coaching.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and existing programs that provide mentoring, networking, collaboration, recognition and support for all segments of the ASCA membership.
The following experience is preferred:
- Swimming coach
- Content creation and strategic implementation of email (MailChimp), social media and website
- Managing and working with content management systems such as WordPress, Wix and Whova (Event Application software)
- Recording and editing for educational purposes using editing software such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Online learning management systems
- Teaching and/or training adults
- Web server management (Plesk) and website management
- E-commerce and payment platforms such as WooCommerce and Stripe