Contact Email: Melanie-Bell@uiowa.edu
Address of Job: University of Iowa 248 Iowa Memorial Union Iowa City, IA 52242
Team Name: University of Iowa
Position Type: Head Coach
Organization Type: Club
Head Coach, IFLY Swim Club (21002931)
Recreation Services at the University of Iowa is seeking application for the Head Coach of the Iowa Flyers Swim Club Program (IFLY). This position holds primary responsibility for the operation and administration of the IFLY Swim Club, including overseeing the full time Assistant Coaches and part time coaches. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing and/or coordinating on-deck coaching and supervision to all Iowa Flyers Swim Club participants during practice sessions and competitions.
- Conducting timely, organized, and well-planned workouts that utilize a variety of coordinated training principles in order to maximize athlete development.
- Coordinate the meet entry process and results distribution for all events in which the IFLY Swim Club participates.
- Coordinating and scheduling all swim club activity with the Associate Director for Aquatics.
- Developing and implementing swim club participation and volunteer policies and procedures for athletes and parents.
- Promoting the values of teamwork, self-discipline, dedication, work-ethic, sportsmanship, and time management with all club participants and coaches, and representing the IFLY Swim Club in state and national governing bodies for the sport of swimming.
This position will also assist in the operation of Recreational Services Aquatic facilities, programs, and special events.
For a detailed job description, please email Melanie Bell at email@example.com.
About Iowa Flyers Swim Club (IFLY):
The Iowa Flyers Swim Club (IFLY) is a registered USA Swimming member swim club operated by University of Iowa Recreational Services. The club is a competitive age-group swim club open to University of Iowa members and the general public which offers participation levels from developmental through Maters swimming. The club is part of a comprehensive aquatics program offered by Recreational Services. The mission of the Iowa Flyers Swim Club is to provide exceptional competitive and recreational opportunities in the sport of swimming to the University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff, as well as to the general community. IFLY is determined to provide its members a fun, positive, and successful experience through quality coaching and instruction and the use of state-of-the-art facilities. The Iowa Flyers practice in the University of Iowa Campus Recreation and Wellness Center (CRWC) and the University of Iowa Field House.
About the Organization:
About Recreational Services:
The Department of Recreational Services is an integral part of the Hawkeye tradition. Part of the Division of Student Life, the department promotes and coordinates campus-wide competitive and recreational activities. Recreational services works to provide a diverse recreational experience that encourages active lifestyles for the University of Iowa community. The department’s goal is to support the academic mission of the university while contributing to the holistic development of each individual.
About the Division of Student Life:
The Division of Student Life is comprised of staff that embrace new ideas and thoughts, works together to keep our students safe, and provides them with life-changing experiences. The Division of Student Life includes 15 departments that span from Recreation Services to the Office of Leadership, Service and Civic Engagement and everything in between. We believe in working together as one team to achieve our mission: fostering student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom. One of our division priorities is to advance UI’s goals to recruit and retain U.S. racial/ethnic minority (URM) staff and students.