Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job: 125 N. Madison Street
City: Iowa city
State / Province: Iowa
Postal / Zip Code: 52242
Phone Number: (706) 393-5501
Team Name: IFLY
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: College
Description: After looking at the qualifications, if you are interested in pursuing this open opportunity please copy and paste the following link to become an official applicant!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and related coaching experience.
- Coaching experience (typically 6 months – 1 year) with competitive and developmental age group swimmers including multiple age groups and ability levels in a club or YMCA environment or equivalent.
- Commitment to and alignment with the values of the Division of Student Life, including a demonstrated commitment to excellence through anti-oppression, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team setting and participate in professional development opportunities.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and travel.
- Must be a current USA Swimming registered coach.
Current CPR, First Aid, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches certifications as deemed acceptable by USA Swimming for coaches safety certification required upon hire.
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for Lifeguards and Lifeguarding/First Aid certifications or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Advanced coaching experience (typically 2 or more years) in competitive and developmental age group swimmers with multiple age groups and ability levels in a club or YMCA environment.
- Working experience in a club or YMCA program of greater than 150 members.
- Personal competition experience as a swimmer at a competitive level.
- American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) membership.
- Experience using Team Unify Swimming team management program.
- Experience using Hy-Tek Meet Manager software and/or operating a swimming timing system, i.e., Colorado Time Systems, Daktronics.
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor (LGI) certification or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
Starting Salary Minimum: $45,000
About the Organization:
Recreational Services at the University of Iowa is seeking an Assistant Coach for the Iowa Flyers (IFLY) Swim Club to help with the coaching and administration of the IFLY Swim Club program, with primary responsibility for the developmental and age group swimmers in the general track. This position also provides assistance as needed to the head coach with implementing workouts for the elite track. This position includes administrative duties related to the operation of the club in addition to coaching.
For a detailed job description, please email Michael Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Iowa Flyers Swim Club:
The Iowa Flyers Swim Club (IFLY) is a registered USA Swimming club operated by the University of Iowa Recreational Services. The Club is available for participation by the University of Iowa members and the general public and offers swimming development programs for all competitive skill levels for individuals ages 7 years and older. The mission of the Iowa Flyers Swim Club is to provide exceptional competitive and recreational opportunities in the sport of swimming to the University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff, as well as the general community. IFLY is determined to provide its members a fun, positive, and successful experience through quality coaching and instruction and the use of state-of-the-art facilities. IFLY is part of a comprehensive Recreational Services aquatics program that promotes learning, safety, fitness, and overall well-being through participation in lifetime aquatic activities. IFLY adheres to the mission and policies of the University of Iowa and Recreational Services and cooperates fully with state and national governing bodies for the sport of swimming.
About the Division of Student Life:
The Division of Student Life is comprised of staff that embrace new ideas and thoughts, works together to keep our students safe, and provides them with life-changing experiences. The Division of Student Life includes 15 departments that span from Recreation Services to the Office of Leadership, Service and Civic Engagement and everything in between. We believe in working together as one team to achieve our mission: fostering student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom. One of our division priorities is to advance UI’s goals to recruit and retain U.S. racial/ethnic minority (URM) staff and students.