Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job: grosse pointe, MI 48230
Phone Number: (313) 686-1117
Team Name: Grosse Pointe Gators
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Lead Age Group Coach
Grosse Pointe Gators (GPG) Swim Club
The Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Club is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to serve as the Lead Age Group coach, working with the Head Coach and Executive Board to develop structure and direction of the Age Group program (pre-senior, 9-14 age group). GPG currently has 40-60 swimmers in the group directly coached by the hired individual and up to 200 swimmers in the club as a whole. The Lead Age Group Coach reports directly to the Head Coach. The ideal candidate will have outgoing personality, a growth mindset that works well with our swimmers, other coaches, and parents.
About the GPG Swim Club
The Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Club (https://www.teamunify.com/team/migpg/page/home) is a year-round competitive swim team associated with USA Swimming that offers professional coaching for swimmers of all ages and abilities. All swimmers will be taught appropriate stroke technique and training based on the practice group they are placed in. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve their swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability. We are constantly growing and training young swimmers to maintain a well-rounded competitive swim team.
The Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Club is located in Grosse Pointe, Michigan and practices out of Grosse Pointe Public School System pools as well as other locations within the east Detroit Metro area.
Grosse Pointe Gators Mission and Vision:
The mission of the Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Club is to teach, train, and motivate competitive swimmers while providing a positive and safe environment for all swimmers, coaches and members.
The club strives for swimmers to reach their full potential not only by teaching the skills specific to competitive swimming, but also through reinforcing strong values that apply to all facets of life, all while providing a safe environment for our members and athletes. It is our hope that GPG swimmers will develop self-confidence, self-respect, be able to set personal goals and achieve them, and understand the importance of teamwork, camaraderie, and good sportsmanship.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 14 and younger.
- Serve as Lead Age Group coach, filling in for other groups as needed.
- Plan and conduct 2-4 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with our Pre-Senior group (ages 9-14).
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify).
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as an Age Group Coach or Head/Lead Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
- ASCA Level 2 or above preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: Immediate. The position will remain open until filled. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Send all resumes and references to:
Grosse Pointe Gators Executive Board
About the Organization: