Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job: 733 Broad Street Grinnell, IA 50112
Phone Number: (641) 269-4818
Team Name: Grinnell College
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: College
Assist the Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach by coaching student-athlete swimmers in practice and in intercollegiate meets; identify and recruit student-athletes for the swim programs through direct mail process, phone calls and on campus visits; Manage the pool facility and student-employees who work at the pool.
This position is a 1 year term, 10 month, benefits eligible position. Approximate salary is $30,000.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to coach at the college level.
- Candidates should possess an understanding of NCAA Division III and conference rules and regulations.
- Candidates need to possess a strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of and/or experience in a residential, liberal arts college environment.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Having participated or coached in swimming is preferred.
- Certified Lifeguard Instructor
- American Swimming Coaches Association Certifications preferred
- Experience with HyTek meet manager and Colorado time system
- Values diversity, equity, and inclusion
Salary/Benefits: $30,000 plus benefits
About the Organization:
Founded in 1846, Grinnell College is a highly selective residential liberal arts college that enrolls 1500 students who come from every state and 50 countries around the world. The College’s curriculum is founded on a strong advising system and close student-faculty interaction, with few college-wide requirements beyond the completion of a major. Grinnell College is consistently evaluated as among the finest residential liberal arts colleges in the nation.