Head Age Group Coach
GEORGIA, ATLANTA EAST SUBURBS
Listed August 1, 2019
Gwinnett Aquatics is seeking an enthusiastic, career-driven coach to serve as its Head Age Group Coach. The ideal candidate will have a contagious passion for the sport of swimming and working with kids, as well as great communication skills and professional demeanor.
Our Age Group program has just finished its most successful season to date, placing 5th at a very competitive LSC, despite being only 19th in size, with multiple State champions and great swims top to bottom. Our goal is to keep our team at a manageable size, but continue to improve its quality. The Head Age Group coach will be a key component of our future, taking initiative and pride on the growth and success of the program.
- Promote Gwinnett Aquatic’s motto of Pursuing Excellence Every Day both by encouragement and example.
- Adhere to the team philosophy with regards to swimmers’ long-term development
- Help promote parent education
- Lead practice for the middle school training group, and assist with two others (deck hours every weekday and Saturday)
- Coach at meets, including supervising warm-up (both general and specific) and providing race strategy and feedback
- Oversee meet entries
- Help plan and execute social functions away from practice to promote team building
- Represent Ga-Ga within the LSC, taking an interest in helping develop the sport’s governance
- Continue to learn and grow within the sport (team will help cover Professional Development expenses, and expects the coach to seek those).
- Demonstrate and promote a healthy lifestyle
- BA or BS degree or equivalent
- Coaching or teaching experience or extensive competitive swimming experience
- CPR/First-Aid or ability to obtain those prior to employment
- USA-Swimming Coach Certification or ability to obtain prior to employment
- ASCA Level 2 or equivalent certification/education
- Commitment to the pursuit of excellence
- Passion for learning and leading
- Competitive swimming experience within USA-Swimming
- Competitive swimming experience at the Collegiate level
- Background in Strength and Conditioning or related areas (gymnastics, PE)
- ASCA Level 3
About Gwinnett Aquatics:
Gwinnett Aquatics (Ga-Ga) is a mid-sized (100-120 members) USA-Swimming team operating just east of Atlanta, Ga. We are a non-profit 501(c).3, parent-owned, but truly coach-run organization. We have a long-term lease on our training facility, where recently added a multi-purpose 20y pool and have plans on building a new fitness center, expanding our locker rooms, and remodeling our pool within the next 12-24 months, which makes this an exciting time to be a part of our staff!
You can find more information about the team on our website (www.gwinnettaquatics.com)
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time coaching position with benefits including health insurance and retirement plan. Compensation package will be in the $32k-$40k/year range, depending on prior experience.. We are an equal opportunity employer, but currently cannot sponsor candidates outside the US or without a work visa.
Interested candidates please submit an application letter and resume (including 3 references) to: