Age Group Swim Coach
FLORIDA, PEMBROKE PINES
South Florida Aquatic Club
Listed August 2, 2019
Anderson Aquatics Manager, Head Swim Coach, and Head Age Group Coach
- Assist the Head Swim Coach in directing, organizing, supervising, performing administrative duties and coaching for the South Florida Aquatic Club
- Assist the Head Swim Coach to ensure team membership within the United States Swimming Program and operates in accordance with its rules and policies of United States Swimming, Inc and the rules and policies set by Anderson Aquatics, LLC.
- Aid in the rescue of patrons in the water or on the pool deck and administers first aid or life saving techniques as indicated. Obtains professional aid in case of serious accident or injury.
- Maintain, analyze and submit comprehensive reports that may pertain to the budget (revenues and expenses) and accident/incident reports
- Assists the Head Swim Coach with planning and organizing hosted swim meets, team meetings, socials, training trips, and annual awards banquet.
- Assists with the input of information required for all swim meets including entries for assigned group or groups.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation or Leisure Services, Physical Education, Sports Science, Sports Administration or a related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a swim coach and ASCA Level 2 certification
- Must possess or be able to obtain within three months, a valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate, American Red Cross or American Heart Association P.R., and an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate and coach stroke techniques
- Possess strong skills in public relations, and written/verbal communications, good word processing skills and working experience with swimming computer software
- Ability to supervise the collection of fees, prepares reports, and supervises subordinates
- Ability to make sound, quick independent judgments and to handle persons in emergency or life threatening situations
- Knowledge of life saving methods and practices
- Ability to perform rigorous exercises and maintains top physical condition
- Must possess a strong desire to build young athletes with the goal of perfecting technical and competitive skills
- Ability to implement season plans, write workouts, and run age group workouts
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with officials, general public and co-workers.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Anderson Aquatics LLC
South Florida Aquatic Supply Inc