Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job: Eugene, OR 97405
Phone Number: (541) 515-3840
Team Name: TEAM Eugene Aquatics
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: Club
TEAM Eugene Aquatics has an opening for an experienced and enthusiastic lead 13-14 coach for our year-round competitive swim team. TEAM Eugene Aquatics is a non-profit, board-governed, coach-lead swim team. Our 13-14 swimmers train primarily out of the University of Oregon Rec Center and Amazon Pool; however, TEAM also runs practices at 5 other locations. TEAM’s goal is to compete at the highest state/regional/national level. Applicants must pass a background check with USA Swimming, complete the USA Swimming coach requirements, and have competitive coaching and swimming experience, in order to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and providing oversight of 13-14 Training, including working with the dryland coordinator on a dryland program
- Motivating swimmers to compete at their best and over the long term
- Helping swimmers to set and achieve their goals
- Developing swimmers’ leadership skills and work ethic
- Establishing and maintaining regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, other coaches, and the Executive Director
- Implementing and participating in TEAM camps, training trips, travel trips, and TEAM activities
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Minimum of 5 years coaching experience with a competitive swim team
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- Personal experience in competitive swimming at the college, high school, and club level
- Track record of swimmer retention
- Track record of swimmer development at the senior sectional level
- Ability and desire to work with parents as part of swimmer development
- Experience using social media tools, and Team Unify Software
Salary Range: starting salary based on experience and qualifications. Full benefits and retirement package included.
Relocation reimbursement is negotiable.
About the Organization:
TEAM Eugene Aquatics is a year-round swim team that provides high-level training to swimmers of all abilities. Through self-discipline and technique mastery we strive to build a lifelong love of the sport of all. We have experienced some recent growth from 150 to now over 500 swimmers. The majority of our growth is younger/newer swimmers giving our club a lot of potential in the years to come.
TEAM Mission: To coach athletes in an inclusive environment to rise to the challenges of competitive swimming and life, through hard work and commitment to a long-term process.
TEAM Vision: To build and sustain a high-performance program and become one of the premier swim teams in Oregon and the United States