Central Kentucky Aquatics is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Head Coach for our USA Swimming Club Team to oversee our multi-site program.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all levels of swimming in the CKA program across multiple sites.
- Design or oversee training plans for all training groups and sites.
- Oversee seasonal progression of athletes; set goals with swimmers; monitor phases of development with individual swimmers & coaching staff.
- Primary on deck coach at swim meets.
- Work with other coaches & Board of Directors to grow non-competitive and age group base
- Establishes an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility
- Support and facilitate progress toward USA Swimming Club Recognition, Club Excellence, & Safe Sport Goals
- The Head Coach is a permanent member of the Board
- Meet Entry Responsibility
- Support Strategic Planning Process.
- Be a contributing presence within Kentucky Swimming, Inc.
- Assist in marketing and fundraising efforts.Communication
- Maintain healthy professional relationships with other site coaches
- Communicate regularly with board of directors
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with general membership
- As needed and within reason make yourself available before and after practice to discuss swimmer progress with Swimmers and/or Parents
- Prefer 4+ years’ experience• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Strong technique knowledge & training philosophy
- Experienced in dryland & weight training programs for swimmers
- Proven success with all age groups
- Experience with HyTek & Team Unify
- Strong organizational skills
- Certifications as per USA Swimming
- ASCA Certification preferred
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include incentives.
About the Organization:
CKA is a USA Swimming Club founded in 1983 and is part of the Kentucky LSC. CKA is overseen by an elected Board of Directors. Central Kentucky Aquatics strives to offer a safe environment that empowers young athletes to achieve their greatest potential as an individual and athlete.
CKA strives to develop elite level swimmers by fostering a positive, safe environment for accountability, effort, team work, and leadership. Through our courage and relentless effort, we aspire to be a champions in swimming and life. Our athlete protection policies and guidelines are established to offer a safe, welcoming environment for all participants. We pursue the development of not just a swim team, but a swim family.