Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 1 Olympic Plaza Colorado Springs, Colorado 80909
Phone Number: (719) 866-3027
Team Name: U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee
Position Type: Head Coach
Organization Type: Club
Here’s how you’ll have an impact:
- Oversee annual and seasonal training plans, as well as daily/weekly workouts for on/off campus Para Swimming athletes training at the CSOPTC.
- Oversee U.S. Para swimming resident program operations including coaching elite athletes, establishing training environment, managing equipment, providing leadership and direction to contract coaches, and establishing and maintaining relationships with training venue partners.
- Ensure communication with athletes, coaches, and other key program constituents, including the development of written performance plans, team selection procedures, and similar documents.
- Contribute to travel schedule for remote training locations and competitions. Oversee travel and other arrangements, lead program presence at those locations, and represent the program and the USOPC well to all parties involved.
- Lead tracking of pertinent athlete data and information for identified participants, including training and results tracking and any other sport-specific monitoring as necessary for the program.
- In collaboration with contract and/or personal coaches, contribute to the development of individual Athlete Performance Plans and oversee plan implementation.
- Lead in the development of annual and seasonal training plans, as well as training for national team and development athletes as necessary.
- Partner with the Director, Paralympic Swimming and other Paralympic Swimming staff to manage Team USA event operations, camps, clinics, inventory, and other program operations.
- Contribute to the annual development of the 4-year rolling high performance plan for the U.S. Paralympics Swimming Program.
- Provide leadership and direction to contract coaches and other program staff.
- Provide support to athletes at team training, camps, and competitions.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with USOPC and NGB contract staff, with local, regional, and national swimming programs, other partners, and with others in and outside of the Swimming community as is beneficial to the program.
- In collaboration with other Paralympic staff members, contribute to the U.S. Paralympics athlete identification and development strategy. Assist in the creation and implementation of Swimming-specific programs within that strategy, utilizing available USOPC resources and partnerships with other organizations.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be effective:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Coaching, Physiology, Exercise Science, Education or related field OR equivalent experience
- USA Swimming registered and certified coach
- Currently certified in First Aid, CPR, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches
Here are some things that will make you super competitive for this role:
- Minimum 5 years of experience coaching or directing an elite swim team
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience, preferably leading 2 or more coaches or staff
- Professional experience with Paralympic programs desired
Here’s where you’ll work:
Colorado Springs Downtown Headquarters
Hiring Pay Range
$65,575 – $75,000 per year
This is a full-time, exempt, position intended to work 40 hours per week.
Bonus: This position will be eligible for the Annual Incentive Award Program at a 15% target. This program is subject to change or elimination by the USOPC at any time at its sole discretion.
Benefits: This position will be eligible for USOPC benefits.
Effective November 1, 2021, the USOPC is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with the USOPC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, Team USA athletes, coaches, trainers, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons.
About the organization
Empower Team USA Athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence and well-being.