Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 500 E Ninth Street Claremont, CA 91711
Phone Number: (909) 607-9338
Team Name: Claremont-Mudd-Scripps
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: College
Application Link: CLICK HERE
Job Posting Title: Assistant Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving
Job Details and Requirement:
This position is responsible for assisting the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach which includes several facets of the swim and dive programs, including but not limited to: on-deck coaching, dry-land training, recruiting, team travel logistics, scholar-athlete development, and compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
Additional administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Head Swimming and Diving Coach.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the role of athletics in the liberal arts college curriculum, and the integration of the student-athlete and coaching staff into the overall educational experience offered at The Colleges.
The Joint CMS Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation Program is comprised of student-athletes from Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, and Scripps Colleges and offers a comprehensive program of regular physical education, intramural, recreational, club and varsity sports. CMS varsity teams compete in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC), as a member of NCAA Division III. The Program is comprised is 21 varsity sports (10 men’s, 11 women’s) and supports a student population of over 3,200 and a student-athlete population of approximately 530.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach, the assistant coach works both independently and collaboratively to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist head coach with on-deck, and in-pool instruction for practices and meets.
- Assist with dry-land training
- Provide assistance with all administrative aspects of the swim and dive programs. This includes, but is not limited to, prompt completion of all administrative paperwork, team travel logistics, creation of practice plans, scholar-athlete and team development and collaboration with CMS athletics staff in the areas of sports medicine, business operations, compliance, equipment, facilities and events.
- Recruit and retain academically qualified student-athletes to the highly selective liberal arts institutions of Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd and Scripps Colleges.
- Represent CMS Athletic Department and the men’s and women’s swim and dive programs in a positive manner within the SCIAC as well as regionally and nationally.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
The successful candidate will also be able to perform the following essential functions:
- Take and follow directions.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Receive and respond appropriately to constructive criticism.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Balance multiple tasks and priorities.
- Performs other essential duties and tasks specific to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous collegiate swimming and coaching is preferred.
- Experience in recruitment of academically focused scholar-athletes is preferred.
- Familiarity with Colorado Timing Systems, as well as Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager is preferred
A valid driver’s license is required to drive College-owned vehicles and the ability to be insured under the College’s authorized driver’s policy.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Individual must possess knowledge, skills, and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge skills and abilities.
- Deploy professional skills, in collaboration with colleagues, to best promote the College’s strategic interests.
- An evident understanding of the role of athletics in the liberal arts college environment is necessary along with proven experience in recruiting student-athletes to highly selective institutions.
- Strong administrative, interpersonal skills, and computer/technology skills.
- Appropriate certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED or willingness to complete certifications upon hire.
- Operate computers with basic Microsoft Office software (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and associated professional software (such as CX CARS, Internet research, menu-driven databases).
- Demonstrate understanding of the use of equipment in assessing and improving department systems and processes to achieve annual goals and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate effective, accurate and clear communication with excellent/strong verbal, written, interpersonal, reading, phone, and customer service skills.
- Follow all written and verbal instructions, asking questions as needed for clarification of duties.Use strong organizational and time management skills to complete work with accuracy and a keen attention to detail.
The regular hours for this position are 40 hours per week, on a variable schedule based upon the needs of the department. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours will be required. Travel will be required. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule. This is an 11-month position.
This is a regular, 40 hour per week, non-exempt position. Pay is $15 per hour.
This is an 11 month position which is considered part-time due to the 11 months of service, despite the anticipated 40 hours per week work schedule.
This is a benefits-eligible position.
About the Organization:
Learn More Here