Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job: 7495 State Road Suite 250 Cincinnati, OH 45255
Phone Number: (513) 624-1862
Team Name: Mercy HealthPlex SeaWolves
Position Type: Head Coach
Organization Type: Club
Lead Group Coach and Program Coordinator
Position Title: Head Swim Coach
Location: Mercy Health – Anderson HealthPlex
Type: Full Time
Join our team of full-time and part-time staff at Mercy Health – Anderson HealthPlex. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers.
The Swim Coach is responsible for providing members an individualized instruction that is tailored to their needs and skill ability, as well as coaching both children and adults in a group setting. The Swim Coach will also assist with various swim clinics.
- Lead individual and small group swim classes, with the ability to coach members and guests of various fitness levels.
- Coach within standard guidelines of specialty certifications.
- Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
- Assess clients’ needs by performing an evaluation of their strength and ability in the water.
- Respond to and schedule all requests for swim coaching.
- Provide suggestions for new programs and monthly swim promotions.
- Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
- Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed sessions/classes and seek substitute coaches in advance.
- The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours, work schedules, and scheduling appointments for prospects and members.
- Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum 1-year related experience instructing and/or coaching swim required.
- CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
- Current Lifeguard certification from a nationally recognized organization required, if required by state law.
- Water Safety Instructor certification is preferred.
- ASCA (American Swim Coaches Association), USA Swimming, or USMS (United States Masters Swimming) certification preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service-based manner.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
About the Organization
Mercy HealthPlex SeaWolves is a competitive year-round USA Swimming team in the Cincinnati area. We offer a comprehensive program for all athletes, from the beginner swimmer to the Olympian. SeaWolves is one of over 3,000 USA Swimming Club teams in the United States. In 2020 and 2021 USA Swimming awarded Mercy HealthPlex SeaWolves a bronze medal award for being one of the top 200 clubs in the country.