Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: 9850 Providence Rd Charlotte, NC 28277
Phone Number: (980) 339-8908
Team Name: SwimMAC
Position Type: Lead Group Coach
Organization Type: Club
SwimMAC Lead Group Coach
**Positions open at both our Huntersville and Charlotte locations**
SwimMAC Carolina is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that offers swimming programs for people of all ages and experience levels. Established as the Mecklenburg Aquatic Club in 1977, SwimMAC has achieved Level 4 status in the USA Swimming Club Recognition program, #1 in the country in USA Swimming Scholastic All-Americans, ranked #2 in this past short course season USA Swimming Virtual Club championships, and is currently a Gold Medal Swim Club. Our mission is to empower young people to excel in life by developing the qualities of empathy, leadership and commitment. SwimMAC is home to 700+ competitive age group swimmers, that practice out of multiple locations in and around the greater Charlotte metropolitan area.
A Lead Group Coach will embrace the overall training philosophy, culture, and curriculum established by the Head Coach and directed by the Division Lead, and abide by all SwimMAC policies and procedures. The Lead Group Coach will oversee the development and progression of swimmers at SwimMAC by planning and delivering daily workouts following Head Coach guidelines and approved season, weekly and daily practice plans while creating a positive, growth oriented, and challenging learning environment. A Lead Group Coach will actively communicate with their peers, direct supervisors, swimmers and their parents regarding the implementation of the Head Coach’s vision.
All coaches will work within the SwimMAC team structure as established by the Head Coach, and work with other coaches/staff to support the SwimMAC vision, strategies, and mission which is to create champions in life through excellence in swimming.
Responsibilities & Essential Job Tasks
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and SwimMAC policies and procedures.
- With Division Lead Coach, develop, follow, and document a seasonal, weekly, and daily training progression for assigned groups.
- Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries on Team Unify and attend assigned swim meets. Substitute for other coaches as needed.
- Maintain Roster Notebook and Training Notebook including a practice log and/or skill review list, goal sheets, evaluations, progress notes, training cycles, subgroup rosters, and curriculum for each assigned training group. Maintain an accurate swimmer and attendance roster to be reported to the Division Lead.
- Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries in a timely manner.
- Attend assigned swim meets, staff meetings, team activities and events.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes based on group placement criteria and evaluation results.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within SwimMAC, and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. This includes substituting for other coaches and instructors as needed within SwimMAC, including workouts, lessons, and swim meets.
- Regularly report for work as scheduled, including office hours.
Program Retention and Recruitment
- Proactively develop and maintain professional relationships with current swimmers through constructive feedback, encouragement, and general interaction.
- Foster professional relationships with current swimmers in order to motivate, inspire, and retain swimmers in the program.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with current parents.
- Proactively develop and maintain community relationships with neighborhood swim teams and other feeder programs to attract and recruit swimmers for SwimMAC.
Parent Communication and Education
- Conduct practice group Parent Meetings.
- Communicate professionally with swimmers, parents, and coaching by promptly returning telephone calls and emails according to SwimMAC policies.
- Establish relationships with parents through professional interaction before, during or after SwimMAC events or before or after meets and practices.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in swimming organizations, e.g. NC LSC, American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA), and USA Swimming.
- Stay current with advances in the sport through books, periodicals, websites, audiovisual materials, classes, clinics, and by communicating with other clubs or teams.
- Develop relationships with area high school and college coaches regarding SwimMAC athletes to support concurrent club/high school swim participation and, if the swimmer is in high school, to support SwimMAC athletes who seek college swimming opportunities.
- Perform responsibilities as assigned in the current SwimMAC Administrative Duties list.
- Contribute to the SwimMAC social media when directed.
- All other tasks as assigned by the Head Coach
- College Degree (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including email, internet navigation, Microsoft Office software, Hy-tek, and Team Unify
License and Certification Requirements
- USA Swimming Coach Member upon arrival
- Current ASCA Membership – preferred
- Valid United States Driver’s License (required)
- Ability to work in the United States (required)
Salary with benefits commensurate with experience. The club reimburses for any fees needed for certification and travel expenses.
To see more about the team, check out the website at www.swimmaccarolina.org
We are ideally looking to have candidates start by August 23, 2021.
About the Organization: