Contact Email: Masanori.Toguchi@charlottecountryday.org
Address of Job: 1440 Carmel Road Charlotte, NC 28226
Phone Number: (704) 943-4620
Team Name: Charlotte Country Day School
Position Type: Aquatics Staff
Organization Type: High School
POSITION TITLE: Aquatics Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
TERM: 12 Months
POSITION SUMMARY: Charlotte Country Day School, an independent coeducational day school located in Charlotte, NC, is currently recruiting for an Aquatics Manager. This is a full-time, 12-month position beginning on or around August 1, 2021.
The Aquatics Manager will work closely with the Director of Athletics, Chief Financial Officer, and Facilities Director/Plant Operations Manager to oversee all aspects of a new aquatics program that will be housed in an on-campus facility scheduled to open in March of 2022. This is a new position for the School; as such, the Aquatics Manager will play a role in shaping the position to fit the program’s initial needs and will grow the position as the program grows. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of remaining facility construction
- Development and oversight of aquatics program budget, including projections of revenue streams and operating expenses
- Development and implementation of facility and program policies and procedures, including emergency action plans and facility usage agreements
- Development, implementation, and management of aquatics programming for Charlotte Country Day School students, including but not limited to: camps, club teams, groups lessons, physical education classes, and private instruction
- Development and oversight of facility use partnerships with community aquatics organizations
- Marketing and promotion of programming opportunities to internal and external communities
- Hiring and management of all aquatics program staff, including but not limited to: swim instructors, lifeguards, and coaches for school swim teams
- Oversight of ongoing facility upkeep, including regular cleaning and maintenance and planning for long-term needs
- Other duties necessary for the successful operation of an elite aquatics facility and program
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful candidates must have the following:
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational experience and demonstrated experience working in an aquatics program in some capacity
- Experience directing an aquatics program, including personnel and financial management, are strongly preferred
- Must hold or be willing to pursue the following certifications or equivalents: First-Aid, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers, Lifeguarding Instructor, National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool Operator, American Swim Coaches Association (Level 3 or above)
- Must exhibit enthusiasm for the role of athletics and aquatics in an independent school setting, the capacity to develop and execute on a vision, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Charlotte Country Day School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding candidates who will add to the racial, cultural and gender diversity of our school community. We offer a salary schedule that compares favorably with those of peer schools locally, regionally, and nationwide.
Charlotte Country Day School was founded in 1941, and currently enrolls approximately 1,700 students in grades Pre-K through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds. The School’s mission and the shared commitment of all Charlotte Country Day employees is to develop the potential of each student by fostering intellectual curiosity, principled character, ethical leadership, and a responsibility to serve
Interested candidates must submit the following documents through the school’s online application portal at www.charlottecountryday/employment:
- Cover letter specific to this position
- Detailed five-year model for programming and program growth, including programming for Country Day students and external programming partnerships
- Detailed business plan outlining sources of revenue and ongoing expenses
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CCDS will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CCDS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.