CALIFORNIA, SANTA CLARA
Santa Clara Swim Club
Listed August 14, 2019
The Santa Clara Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach to lead our national group and direct the wet-side of our program. SCSC is a coach driven, board supported program. The Santa Clara Swim Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that has been developing champions since its founding by George Haines in 1951. His vision to develop world-class individuals through the sport of swimming remains the cornerstone of our program today.
Our team is located in the heart of the Silicon Valley and is home to over 1,000 USA Swimming registered swimmers. The team trains in multiple locations in Santa Clara County including Santa Clara, Milpitas, and Morgan Hill. Both the Santa Clara and Morgan Hill sites have 50m pools, and the Santa Clara site has a fully equipped dryland room. Most recently, SCSC has hosted Futures, Far Westerns, and USA Swimming Pro Series meets.
The Head Coach will be responsible for and direct all levels of programming, including the competitive program and all auxiliary programs. The head coach will also develop and drive a consistent, team-wide coaching philosophy, which is age-appropriate, emphasizing excellence, goal setting, and teamwork. A complete job description is available for interested parties.
This position is a full time with a highly competitive salary and benefit package.
- ASCA Level 4 or higher
- College degree
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek, Team Unify and Microsoft Office
- Able to manage a multi-site program and direct staff
- Able to recruit and retain top level coaches
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Maintain current certifications (CPR, Coaches Safety, Background, APT)
- Must be able to attend all Board meetings and weekend events/meets
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email the following to TheSantaClaraSwimClub@gmail.com:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
- Current resume
- List of three current references with contact information
- A statement describing the applicant’s coaching philosophy
- Salary expectations