Job Title: Head Coach
CALIFORNIA, SANTA CLARA
Santa Clara Swim Club
Listed November 6, 2020
Santa Clara Swim Club
2625 Patricia Drive, Santa Clara, CA, USA
Santa Clara Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach. This position will lead our national and elite post/grad groups, direct our wet-side programming as well as build and mentor a team of high caliber coaches and swimmers. SCSC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded by George Haines in 1951. As a coach driven, board supported program, it has developed champions at all levels, in and out of the water. From learn to swim through Olympic and World Champions with World Records and Olympic Gold Medals, SCSC offers a broad spectrum of aquatic options.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, SCSC has over 1,000 USA Swimming registered swimmers who train at multiple sites offering both 50m and 25yd pool options. SCSC has hosted Grand Prix, International meets, Futures, US Nationals, US Jr. Nationals, US Masters Nationals, Far Westerns, Central Coast Section (CCS) high school championship, and other aquatic events. The facilities are equipped for dry-land and aquatic-based activities including updated equipment and other competitive accessories to enable the highest levels of training available.
The Head Coach will be responsible for and direct all levels of the competitive programming and supporting staff. The Head Coach is expected to develop a culture, philosophy, and vision with an emphasis on excellence, goal setting, development, support, and teamwork. The complete Head Coach job description is available for interested parties upon request.
This position is a full time position with competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities.
Basic requirements include:
- ASCA Level 4 or higher
- College degree
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid
- Current USA Swimming Coach and US Masters Certified
- Experience managing and mentoring/developing coaching staff
- Effective at leading and establishing a highly successful competitive swim program
- Ability to manage, lead, and coordinate multiple sites and programming
- Recruit and retain productive coaching staff
- Set expectations and team objectives leading to USAS Gold Medal status
- Develop and establish a positive, progressive, and winning team-wide culture
- Provide guidance and support to athletes during the college recruiting process
- Minimum of 10 years of successful Head Coach experience or equivalent responsibility
- Strong leadership, communication, verbal, and written skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Team Unify
- Must be able to attend Board meetings and some weekend travel for events/meets
- Please send email to the following Board@santaclaraswimclub.org
- Resume (letter of application will be sent to the email or address provided for completion)
- Overview of aquatic and coaching accomplishments and service
- List of three (3) current references with contact information
- Statement of coaching philosophy
- Salary expectations
Head Coach Committee