CALIFORNIA, SANTA CLARA
Santa Clara Swim Club
Listed July 30, 2019
Santa Clara Swim Club is seeking a full-time Competitive Swimming Director to support the Head Coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing the auxiliary programs, general staff management, water scheduling and facility relationships, club communications and home meet coordinator. Responsibilities also include maintenance of the Club’s policies and procedures and regular reporting of relevant membership information to the Board of Directors and the management team. This individual will need to drive increased membership and profitability for our auxiliary programs, including the Learn-to-Swim group, our Morgan Hill and Milpitas sites, and the Masters and Water Polo programs. The Competitive Director will report to the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in competitive swimming is required
- Strong management skills needed, with experience managing activities of two or more functions
- Key relationships with important customers and vendors have been developed.
- Has the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- High degree of initiative and integrity
- Self-motivated and ability to work as a member of a team
- Highly energetic and proactive with excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and organizational skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Excel and Word a plus
- Has a significant role in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain results.
- Direct management of the auxiliary programs
- Schedule of practice / pool use
- Facility and city liaison
- General staff management
- Club communication
- Parent liaison
- Office administration
- Home meet coordinator
- Team and Individual Membership and Registration
- Website management
- Volunteer liaison
Salary will be commensurate with nonprofit organizations. Full-time benefits include medical, dental and paid vacation/holiday.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should forward a cover letter outlining interest in our organization, resume, including three references to TheSantaClaraSwimClub@gmail.com.
Santa Clara Swim Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization thathas been developing champions since its founding by George Haines in 1951. His vision to develop world-class individuals through the sport of swimming remains the cornerstone of our program. In keeping with Haines’ philosophy, our coaches and swimmers identify themselves as both educators and students with the pool as their classroom. Our quest is to ignite the potential in each of our athletes by embracing the values embodied in the Olympic charter: The pursuit of personal excellence; Harmony between mind and body; Joy found in effort; Health and Fitness; Respect for others; Ethical conduct; Fair play. The club has received many awards and honors throughout the years. These range from World Records, Olympic Champions, World Champions and Sullivan Awards, to Male and Female World and U.S. Swimmer of the Year. Our team has been a USA Swimming Gold or Silver Medal Swim Club since 2014 and home to over 1,500 swimmers. The team trains in multiple locations in Santa Clara County including Santa Clara, Milpitas, and Morgan Hill.