Part Time Assistant Swim Team Coach
CALIFORNIA, SAN MATEO
San Mateo Athletic Club
Listed September 3, 2019
EXOS helps people perform at a high level so they can achieve what matters most to them. Since our founding in 1999, we’ve become a leader in proactive health and performance, trusted by more than 150 clients, including corporations, academic institutions, health systems, sports organizations, the U.S. military, community centers, and residential communities. With award-winning facilities and spaces, technology, equipment, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides individualized plans based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
EXOS takes a unique approach to fitness center design, facility management, and training technology to create welcoming environments that facilitate healthy lifestyles. From business planning to operations, we use our decades of experience to drive member acquisition, engagement, and retention. We know that the more engaging and effective a fitness center is, the more success it will have. It’s all about providing members with a positive experience and the tools they need to accomplish their goals.
We’re seeking a Part-time Assistant Swim Team Coach to join our team working with the San Mateo Athletic Club.
As our new Assistant Swim Team Coach you will:
- Be approachable and visible to all club members and all swim team families.
- Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice.
- Develop strong, lasting relationships with all swimmers on the team and the lap swimmers.
- Ensure the safety of swimmers at the practice by following proper precautions and regulations.
- Give swimmers knowledge to understand and master stokes allowing for movement up through the swim team groups.
- Be on deck before swimmers begin practice, to greet swimmers and parents.
- Help set up and run swim meets as deemed necessary by the Head Coach.
- Communicate effectively with the Head Coach about daily practice procedures, emergencies, and information regarding swimmers and swim team well-being.
- Attend any and all team meeting, get together, as deemed necessary by the Head Coach.
- Maintain structure and discipline within a group setting, while encouraging and promoting student participation in as positive manner.
- Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment
- Develop a dryland training program and execute during daily practices.
- Keep current with research in aquatics related areas.
- Assist the lifeguards with the enforcement of pool rules and in helping lap swimmers find lanes available to them.
- Assist with the development and marketing of all Aquatics programs.
- Other duties when needed.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification (AED, CPR, First Aid) or Coaches Water Safety and AED/CPR and First Aid.
- Extensive experience working with children and teenagers.
- Strong background in competitive swimming.
- Must have at least two years of coaching experience.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong service orientation and attitude; the ability to provide members, guests and staff with exceptional service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to relate to diverse populations.
- Enthusiastic, responsible and team-oriented.
Please apply using this link: https://careers-teamexos.icims.com/jobs/12925/assistant-swim-team-coach/job or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in San Mateo, the facility is the San Mateo Athletic Club, locals only as we are looking for someone to start part-time as soon as possible. Open to compensation negotiations based on credentials and experience. Part-time position, paid hourly not salaried.