CALIFORNIA, LA JOLLA
JCC Barracuda Swim Team
Listed July 22, 2019
SALARY/STATUS: $49,920.00 per year / Full-Time, Exempt
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Sports, Fitness & Aquatics, the Barracuda Head Coach develops, organizes and implements the operation of the JCC Barracuda Swim Team. The position provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants in accordance with JCC policies and procedures and creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- 5 years of competitive coaching experience, prior Head Coaching position is highly desirable.
- 2+ years supervisory or lead experience.
- Demonstrating knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- Passion for coaching swimming and developing young athletes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Motivational skills and an understanding of the psychology that reinforces successful competition, particularly at senior coaching levels.
- Awareness of equality and diversity issues, including those related to sport and disability.
- Team-building ability.
- Must have good knowledge of aquatic facility programs.
- Knowledge of standard swimming pool safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to meet schedules and timelines.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate a computer and proprietary or mass market software such as MS Office, Google Docs and Gmail.
- Current Certificates required: American Red Cross CPR/AED and American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent. All Certificates Must be submitted along with applicants resume, front and back images are required of each document.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to lift up to 30-50lbs (training equipment). Ability to pull pool covers ranging 30-50lbs.
- Able to physical perform CPR/AED.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership