Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: PO Box 281 Buffalo, MN 55313
Phone Number: (612) 685-2046
Team Name: Wright County Wave Swim Club
Position Type: Assistant Coach
Organization Type: Club
Coaching age group athletes in the afternoons/evenings. This individual needs to plan and prepare workouts, respond to emails from parents/athletes/staff and send out weekly communication to the groups they coach, attend regular staff meetings, understand how to navigate through a Team Unify website and be able to use google docs and spreadsheets. Attending weekend swim meets will also be an expectation. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Coaches need to have current Safety Training for Swim Coaches, CPR/AED/First Aid certifications.
- Must also pass a background check and have either had current Athlete Protection Training and Concussion Training or be in the process of finishing those courses.
- 5+ years of coaching competitive swimming required. at minimum ASCA level 1 is needed, but level 2 or higher is desired Lifeguard certification is desirable, but not required.
- Desired Traits/Skills: Applicants need to enjoy working with children, seeing them grow and overcome challenges, and help them achieve their goals.
- Individuals interested should be focused on being a part of a cohesive staff that is working towards building a positive learning environment for our membership.
- Understand the importance of parental involvement on their child’s development and work to help build a parent’s understanding of our team and the sport of swimming.
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position consisting of approximately 20-30 hours per week, and 1-2 meets per month
About the Organization:
Competitive swimming was first introduced in Buffalo in the 1980’s by BHM Community Education as a winter program. Immediately after that program ended, Buffalo swimmers and parents sought out the nearest USA Swimming program so that their athletes could continue to train and compete in the spring and summer.
Today, the Wright County Wave Swim Club is still a non profit USA Swimming Club, run by a member elected Board of Directors. The Board of Directors are volunteers. Their purpose as a board is to support local competitive swimmers by overseeing the operations of the club. The Board meets monthly and all Wave Swim Club parents and adult members are welcome to attend.
The Board believes in swimming as a life long sport so all swimmers ages 6 and up who live in or near Wright County are encouraged to join. The club welcomes swimmers at every level of ability, from novice to international competitor. A current USA swimming membership or a current U.S. Masters Swimming Membership is required to swim practice with the Wave. The Wright County Wave is a swim club that promotes the sport of swimming; so swimmers are required to participate in swim meets. Home swim meet attendance is required. All swimmers will be encouraged to attend the Minnesota Swimming Championship Meets at the end of each season.
The club runs two sessions each year that coincide with the Minnesota Swimming Long Course Season and Minnesota Swimming Short Course Season. The Long Course Season begins in April and runs into the beginning of August. The Short Course Season begins in September and runs into March of the following year. Registration will open on-line on the Wave Swim Club website approximately one month prior to the beginning of each season. The club requires all swimmers and coaches to become USA Swimming members. A discounted USA Swimming Seasonal Membership is offered for swimmers who join in April and only swim the Long Course Season.