Contact Email: email@example.com
Address of Job: 360 Asheville School Road Asheville, NC 28806
Phone Number: (828) 254-6345
Team Name: Blues Aquatics Swim Club
Position Type: Other
Organization Type: Club
Asheville School is currently seeking a Director for the Blues Aquatics Swim Club. Working closely with the Director of Athletics and Aquatic Director, this position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Blues Aquatics Swim Club, which uses the sport of competitive swimming to empower student-athletes around the globe to become leaders and champions in and out of the pool. This position works collaboratively with the Aquatic Director to develop and execute the strategic vision, policies, procedures, and programs for Blues Aquatics, and ensure positive, challenging, and safe competitive swimming experiences for its members. In addition, this position manages the Club budget, schedules, logistics, and communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Aquatic Director to develop and maintain strategic vision, goals, and plans.
- Oversee daily operations, budget management, recordkeeping, purchasing, and facility maintenance.
- Develop a plan to fund identified strategic investments and manage relationships with strategic donors and vendors.
- Supervise Blues Aquatic coaching staff and evaluate performance.
- Pursue Club Excellence recognition each year through meeting the USA swimming guidelines.
- Ensure that all safety rules and regulations are strictly followed.
- Follow all ethical standards as set by the American Swim Coaches Association, USA Swimming, and Asheville School.
Marketing, Communications, and Member Service
- Assist in the development and implementation of Blues Aquatics marketing plan.
- Manage the Blues Aquatic website and social media pages.
- Oversee recruitment and retention for each level of Blues Aquatics.
- Serve as a positive and professional brand ambassador for Blues Aquatics.
- Enhance Blues Aquatics presence in the local community and the national swimming community.
- Provide timely and professional communication with swim families and future swim families.
- Utilize member, family, and Asheville School feedback to improve programs, customer service, and Club performance.
Coaching and Club Events
- Maintain daily attendance.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices for each level.
- Develop, follow, and document a seasonal, weekly, and daily training progression for all groups.
- Implement and direct large meets, events and camps.
- Develop a swim meet schedule and input team meet entries.
- Attend and coach at meets.
- Represent the Club and School at related meetings.
- Assist with coaching for the Asheville School Swim team.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- USA Swimming Level 3 or greater certification.
- Five years of experience as head swim coach.
- Experience supervising others or serving as a team lead.
- Experience using applicable Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with budget management and event coordination.
- Knowledge of typical safety regulations and protocols related to a competitive swimming program and a commitment to keeping members and employees safe.
- Demonstrates a thoughtful approach to decision-making, with the ability to anticipate changing circumstances and adjust plans/actions accordingly.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Experience managing a competitive swim club.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful candidate must submit to a post-offer background check.
- Maintain all certifications, as required by USA Swimming.
Working Setting/Environmental Factors
- Position requires travel to attend swim events and related meetings. This could include regional and/or national meets that occur at least once a month.
- Work is performed both inside and outdoors in fair and inclement weather, as needed.
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear.
- Use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects.
- Reach to the front, side, and overhead.
- Use close, far, and peripheral vision.
- Bend, stoop, or kneel.
Application Information/Applicant Notice
Email cover letter and resume to HR@AshevilleSchool.org. Position is open until filled.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified applicants with disabilities to apply for this position and/or for qualified employees to perform the essential duties. To request a confidential application process or job accommodation evaluation, contact the Director of Human Resources at 828-254-6345 ext. 4097.
Asheville School is committed to enhancing workplace diversity and fostering a climate of equity and inclusion. In addition, the School makes employment decision based on objective criteria and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Blues Aquatics Swim Club Director will enjoy a competitive compensation package, which includes a salary that is commensurate with the successful applicant’s skills and experience, benefits, paid leave, and the opportunity to participate in a 403(b) retirement program.
About the Organization:
Blues Aquatics is a USA Swimming Club with approximately 70 swimmers. The team has swimmers with experience ranging from new to the sport of swimming to those that have qualified for Sectionals and Junior Nationals. Team athletes come from not only Western North Carolina but also includes boarding students who come from all over the world. Blues Aquatics is owned by Asheville School, which is a coed 9-12 boarding school nestled on a beautiful 300-acre campus in Asheville, North Carolina. Surrounded by woods, our historic campus offers 350,000 total square feet of academic, athletic, residential, and specialty activity facilities along with athletic fields, outdoor learning areas, and hiking trails. The state of the art Rodgers Memorial Athletic Center houses the six lane, 25 yard pool with windows overseeing the athletic fields.