Head Senior Coach
Razorback Aquatic Club Aquahawgs
Listed August 23, 2019
Razorback Aquatic Club AquaHawgs is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club located in Northwest Arkansas. The AquaHawgs are consistently one of the top teams in the state. Northwest Arkansas is also home to the University of Arkansas, Tyson Foods, Walmart, and JB Hunt as well as one of the fastest growing populations in the United States.
- Establish an environment that encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility and constructive feedback.
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and monitor the progression of the athletes and team in reaching these goals.
- Connecting our senior swimmers with colleges and universities and assisting families in making their child’s goal of swimming at the post-secondary level a reality.
- Timely & professional communication with parents and swimmers.
- Develop and maintain seasonal plans for the progression of our senior program.
- Design swimming and dryland curricula for the Senior Hawgs
- Assist in selecting the appropriate schedule of seasonal competitions
- Demonstrate willingness to communicate with parents to help swimmers achieve their goals
- Passionate about swimming and working with athletes
- Strong advocate for the sport of swimming.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, staff, and Board.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self and assistant coaches; work to achieve next level of certification.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching experience.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- Current member in good standing of USA Swimming
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification
- Experienced with Team Unify and HY-TEK as well as Word and Excel.
- High-level swimming experience at the club and or collegiate level.
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
- Salary will be competitive with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email John Moseley at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
- Current resume
- List of three current references with contact information
- Statement describing the applicant’s coaching philosophy
- Salary expectations