Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of Job: University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM 87131
Team Name: Lobo Aquatic Club
Position Type: Head Coach
Organization Type: Club
Lobo Aquatic Club is seeking an experienced leader for our age groups and Master’s swim club. This position is director of all groups and is responsible for supervising assistant coaching staff.
The Lobo goal is first to develop swimmers of all levels with a passion for life-long swimming and our Head Coach should enjoy working with both the most-competitive swimmers and with the swimmer seeking to be their best-self. Our annual budget includes travel for Sectional competitions and out-of-State meets; however, our primary focus is on building our developing swimmers and our team community.
Due to the impact of Covid restriction on UNM facilities, the Lobo Aquatic Club did not participate in the Long Course season. The goal of the club is to re-open practices in September beginning with the Master’s program and adding age group practices as facility access expands and additional coaching staff are hired. The Lobo Head Coach will have the opportunity to develop their vision of a club team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise Assistant Coaches (3-5) and ensure compliance with LSC and USAS trainings
- Direct coaching during practice sessions and competitions
- Develop team’s training group structure and team policies
- Enforce team, LSC, and USAS policies and procedures
- Manage advertising and hiring of assistant coaching staff
- Design and implement multiple workouts differentiated to age groups and skill levels
- Coordinate meet entry process and results distribution
- Attend swim meets in-State and out-of-State
- Organize minimum of one Lobo sponsored swim meet per swim season
- Encourage and support volunteers and regular communications with members
- Develop and maintain a team vision and coaching philosophy that supports swimmers of all levels and the local community
- Promote to the community the opportunities and benefits of swimming
- Promote values: team work, sportsmanship, self-discipline, dedication, and time management
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, education, or related field.
- 5 years minimum prior experience in high school/age group swimmer. Head Coach is preferred.
- 3 years minimum supervisory experience
- Experience (6 months or more) with swim club administration.
- Current Coach Membership with USA Swimming
- Willingness to pass USAS background check and all required trainings.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and travel.
- Interest in building community programs and/or developing relationship with the UNM education mission.
- Experience building all levels of swimmers and teaching a love of life-long swimming.
- Computer experience: TeamUnify, social media communication, and swim meet software (Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Colorado Timing System preferred)
- Training in anti-bullying and team building best practices
- Completed educational and safety trainings with USAS
Please send email to Lobo Aquatic Club Board at email@example.com with the following:
- Cover Letter: Summary of coaching accomplishments and service, Statement of coaching philosophy, Coaching availability and start date
Salary is nationally competitive and commensurate with experience.
About the Organization:
Lobo Aquatic Club is a competitive, USA Swimming, Board governed swim club that is also a booster of the University of New Mexico Women’s Swimming and Diving program; the UNM Swim Coach is the CEO of the Lobo Aquatic Club. Age groups are currently structured into pre-team, 8-11, 11-13, 13+, and Master’s. Practices are primarily in the UNM Olympic pool with occasional use of secondary, indoor pool and the heated therapy pool.