Nation’s Capital Swim Club, Burke Facility
Coach Pete Morgan has been NCAP Burke Head Coach since 2004, and helped start the club back in 1978. He came to the Club from the Solotar Swim team.
Pete was named to the USA National Team Staff from 1986-1989 and from 1998 to 2013. He was also the Head Men’s Coach for the Inaugural 2006 Junior Pan Pac in Hawaii and the Assistant Men’s Coach at the 2007 World Championships in Shanghai, China.
Coach Morgan coached national team members: Todd Dudley, Jarrod Marrs, Matt Brado, Olympic Gold Medalist Ed Moses, and Ellyn Baumgardner and Japan’s world ranked, Masami Tanaka. Iron Man triathlete Todd Jacobs, marathon swimming champion David Alleva, and Olympic Bronze Medalist Triathlete Susan “Bartholomew” Williams also trained with Pete. He is an ASCA Level 5 Coach.
- Coached Ed Moses to 6 Short Course Meters world records in the 50, 100 and 200 M Breaststroke
- Curl-Burke (one of three founding coaches in 1978)
- Currently with NATIONS CAPITAL SWIM CLUB
- 6 time USA National Team Coach
- USA National Club Team Champions: 1986, 1994, 1995, 2000, 2013