2017 ASCA Board of Directors
ARETE Aquatic Services
1050 Dellwood Road
Martinsville, NJ 08836
Phone: (732) 921-5989
Berkeley Aquatic Club (BAC)
Attn: Jim Wood
629 Central Avenue
New Providence, NJ 07974
Phone: (908) 403-0521
Mission Viejo Nadadores
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Phone: (562) 243-6262
Performance Aquatics Swim Club
745 SE 31 Street
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Phone: (561) 212-7175
Attn: Bob Bowman
7167 East Rancho Vista Drive #3005
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: (410) 302-7370
5123 Kestral Park Place
Sarasota, FL 34231
Phone: (941) 928-7946
McCoy Natatorium, Bigler Road
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 308-4140
Uytengsu Aquatics Center
1026 W 34th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Phone: (213) 740-8450
4330 SW 83rd Way
Gainsville, FL 32608
Phone: (352) 375-4683 Ext. 4519
Others in Distribution
How To Be Elected to the ASCA Board Of Directors
1. What’s the Job?
The Board of the ASCA are the eyes and ears of the Association. They provide insight into needs, provide workers to handle tasks and groups assigned to specific projects and set policy for the ASCA.
Members read monthly reports and daily emails from the ASCA office and report back regularly with ideas and thoughts they garner from discussions with the swimming community. Eyes and Ears. The Board is a Policy body and has no involvement in the day to day operations of the Association, which is a staff function.
2. What’s the length of Term?
Each Board term is three years in length. Members may serve two consecutive terms if so elected, then they must have a hiatus of one year before running again if they chose to do so.
3. How is Communication accomplished?
Mostly by email, some telephone conference calls and meetings at each major national meet (non-required) and one annual meeting a year required at the ASCA Clinic in September.
4. Who can I ask for more Information?
Start with any current Board Member. All will be happy to discuss the roles of the Board and staff with you. You may also ask Executive Director John Leonard. Call 1 (800) 356-2722 to talk to John or request a list of current Board Members to contact.
How Do I Register to Run for the Board?
By June 30 of each year, submit the following to the Executive Director:
- A current photo
- A Letter addressed to the Executive Director indicating your interest.
- A biography of your coaching career, no more than 1 page in length, ready for publication.
- A “Statement of Purpose” – One page in length, states the primary things you are interested in working on during your proposed tenure on the Board of Directors.
If you chose to run AFTER June 30 of each year, you will still be allowed to run with your name either on the ballot, or as a write in name, depending on your timing in notifying us of your intention to run.
All those Registered to Run by the June 30 deadline will:
- Have photo, bio and statement of purpose published in the July or August issue of the ASCA NL.
- Have photo, bio and statement of purpose posted on a bulletin board at the World Clinic prior to all voting.
- Have an opportunity of a 2 minute presentation on their candidacy at the ASCA Business Meeting and Election Session. (This exists on yearly analysis option while evaluating the time and topics available in the meeting.)
Those failing to meet the June 30 deadline cannot be assured of any of the above.
Those beginning their candidacy after June 30 MAY have their name on the ballot if the office receives it prior to the printing of ballots. ANYONE may be nominated up to and including at the business meeting/election itself, and be placed on the ballot as a write in candidate.