Congratulations to Beth Winkowski of Dynamo Swim Club, the ASCA 2014 Age Group Coach of the Year!
Coach Beth began coaching at Dynamo in the fall of 2004. She is responsible for the Senior 2 swimmers as well as the development and direction of the Chamblee Staff. Prior to Dynamo she was the Head Coach for 12 years at Portland Aquatic Club in Portland, Oregon where she began her professional coaching career. Beth has coached state, sectional, and zone champions at an individual and team level. She also assisted several swimmers in earning National Top 16 rankings, Junior and Senior National qualifying times.
Coach Beth’s coaching strengths include: detailed and analytic stroke instruction with an eye towards body awareness, a creative and demanding training regime, and good communication with parents and athletes. She accomplishes all this while recognizing the athlete as a whole person who benefits from the permanent life lessons learned by children who participate in organized athletics.
The other nine Age Group Coach of the Year finalists were:
- Allison Brol, Huntsville Swim Association
- Heather Fort, WAVES Bloomington-Normal YMCA
- Tom Himes, North Baltimore Aquatic Club
- Robert Jenkyns, Lake Country Phoenix Swim Club
- Jackson Leonard, Gator Swim Club
- Rosemarie Lockie, Comets Swim Club
- Matt Pelletier, The FISH
- Ruth Stocks, Tualatin Hills THunderbolts
- Doug Wharam, Nashville Aquatic Club